Roxio launches Easy VHS to DVD software

vbimport

I just posted the article Roxio launches Easy VHS to DVD software.

Roxio today released Easy VHS to DVD, a new software/hardware combination aimed at making it easier for users to digitize VHS recordings into DVD.
Users simply plug the dongle into a USB 2.0 port…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15294-Roxio-launches-Easy-VHS-to-DVD-software.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15294-Roxio-launches-Easy-VHS-to-DVD-software.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This really should have been done many years ago I think. Not a high demand in the market as it once was.

It is done many years ago…Philips did it with their “Save your tapes” dongle,bundled with a nice DVDR1648P1 drive…

Yeah, there have been many similar solutions in the market for many years from ADS Tech, Pinnacle and others.

Useless without a VCR included. I have old tapes, but RCA cables won’t get anything off of them.

I have many vhs movies that are detierorating. Will this or any other system get pass the copyright?

I am running Vista ultimate 64bit Pinnacle wont run on it!. Will Roxio be any better?

Vista has major problems running several other brands that do the same thing… typical Vista problem is a windows shut down at record. Has anyone tested this product using Vista 32bit and 64bit? Many other products along with this one says they are Vista compatible, but that isn’t real world true.

This product is junk !! Won;t run on Vista … period. Locks up or won’t start. Not with correct drivers, bad manual. Stay away from it !!

I have Vista 64bit, Tried Pinnacle, but it wont run on Vista 64. Had hoped that Roxio would address this problem, but it seems it does not.
Anyone got any solutions?
John:bow:

Hi,

I have very many VHS movies that I bought legitimately which I am unable to copy to DVD using my Panasonic DMR-EZ47V. The machine only allows me to copy unprotected VHS recordings. Some of these movies are not available on DVD.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

program will not get rid of macrovision. you need DVD Decryptor. Typical Roxio stuff needs dongle to run. Then it hoses your registry and erases your hard drive. Bad stuff folks. Get a better card and use firewire.

I bought roxio easy vhs to dvd from costo. I have installed software but the usb software wont work. I think its a scam to buy somthing that wont work. I have tryed windows xp and vista. same thing, wont work. now I know why the had a sale on this product.

Same problem, have many, many VHS tapes bought legit, VHS box going kaput, refuse to buy another. Tried copying to DVD recorder “Sony RDR-GX360”. “Cannot copy protected recording”. Now, this is going to be a big problem, tapes tried copying are old “at least 10 years”, out of print on DVD format. Latest this morning, “Last of the Dogmen, 1995”, last printed to DVD in 1998. Are the producers saying “scr** you”, do without or has someone come up with a way round this problem. Are all our VHS tapes just so much junk for the landfill. Any ideas?

Same problem, have many, many VHS tapes bought legit, VHS box going kaput, refuse to buy another. Tried copying to DVD recorder “Sony RDR-GX360”. “Cannot copy protected recording”. Now, this is going to be a big problem, tapes tried copying are old “at least 10 years”, out of print on DVD format. Latest this morning, “Last of the Dogmen, 1995”, last printed to DVD in 1998. Are the producers saying “scr** you”, do without or has someone come up with a way round this problem. Are all our VHS tapes just so much junk for the landfill. Any ideas?

HELP!? Same as above ! Bopugt brand new and wont install on new Vista machine! Says “Installation is complete” but beind it are dialogue boxes that tell me the driver isnt there…NO incon on the desktop, not in control panel programs list, not in my start/programs list/ not in the directory I put it in…where the heck is it and what I do now??? Please help if anyone can! 5/10/09

Roxio is just crap…why buy stuff that is the shitz? And get off of Vista people…it is a train wreck.

1. Roxio sucks.
  2. Vista sucks.
  3. Windows 7 will rock your world.

Yeah, that’s about it.

The Pinnacle “Dazzle” works but time limits recordings thus 4 hour tapes can not be recorded. Their tech support is moronic with no explanation for the time limit

@DukeNukem, you couldn’t of said it any better than that. :slight_smile:

I’ve got my preorder of W7 in at newegg too… can’t wait. The RC so far kicks ass although it would of been nice if the Media Center function of the OS was turned on. I tried to run it and got a bigol’ FAIL.