Roxio creator 9 problems

Hi… i purchased a couple of Dell pc’s with roxio creator 9 DE installed which, from what i have read, is a stripped down version for Dell. Only thing i have been able to do is burn copies of disks from drive to drive, and burn disks from sony’s dvd architect authoring program. Am familiar with burning software but have not been able to get this thing to burn files from my hard drive to cdr or dvdr. Have been around the block a few times with Dell support and have done everything from firmware updates, hardware diagnostics, formatting hard drives and reinstalling the operating system. Roxio can’t even see some of the files i want to copy let alone write them to disk. Seems like this operation would be simple but i can’t seem to get it to do what it’s supposed to.Used ImgBurn also and it says “burn successful” but no can play the disk. Doesn’t even etch the disk.Sometimes it doesn’t see the files either but i know they are there. Have tried all types of disks, and workarounds, but no workie!!!Would really appreciate any suggestions …Thanks

[QUOTE=Bongoz;2219283]Hi… i purchased a couple of Dell pc’s with roxio creator 9 DE installed which, from what i have read, is a stripped down version for Dell. Only thing i have been able to do is burn copies of disks from drive to drive, and burn disks from sony’s dvd architect authoring program. Am familiar with burning software but have not been able to get this thing to burn files from my hard drive to cdr or dvdr. Have been around the block a few times with Dell support and have done everything from firmware updates, hardware diagnostics, formatting hard drives and reinstalling the operating system. Roxio can’t even see some of the files i want to copy let alone write them to disk. Seems like this operation would be simple but i can’t seem to get it to do what it’s supposed to.Used ImgBurn also and it says “burn successful” but no can play the disk. Doesn’t even etch the disk.Sometimes it doesn’t see the files either but i know they are there. Have tried all types of disks, and workarounds, but no workie!!!Would really appreciate any suggestions …Thanks[/QUOTE]

My personal advice get rid of that limit version of Roxio cause it’s to stripped down version to be of any good for your usage. Also Roxio(Sony) hasn’t had a good track record of being a good software. Your better off getting either Retail version of Nero or Roxio full version. Then when you install them don’t install Nero InCD as to Roxio I don’t know the memory resident program that runs in the taskbar but don’t install that memory resident program as those two taskbar program has caused problem for most users as that those two formats aren’t used by any or windows O/S to be of any good use. Someone else with experience using Roxio might be able to shead more light on Roxio feature as I only a Nero users.

I don’t have this problem :confused: on the start menu/all programs do you have the Roxio easy media creator ? if so look under Data you should have RecordNow :smiley:

Not sure why other always say just uninstall it :confused:

Just to add to my other reply, when you talked to Dell did they have you run this utility ? [B]->[/B] http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&docid=A9E3A15597A04AFBB02EE16785D39C5C&journalid=9BF2CFCC434411DBB08ADFC1CEB4ABB7&l=en&s=gen