Roxio Creator 2009

vbimport

Most of you that have been here awhile know me, I have to try any new software, I usually do not “pimp” any specific software unless I find it very good. Roxio used to get a bad rap for their Drag to disc" and not being as good as Nero, well I am here to tell you that I have tried this new package and its great, everything works, and works well. It is a bit expensive 99.99USD, but worth every dime. It has a trial, if anyone is looking for this type of package I would give this a try. It does absolutely everything including a Bluray plugin. I know, most of you are thinking this is just spam, well its not , its my accessment of a great new software. Roxio Creator 2009. :clap:

How big is the entire installation?

Can you pick and choose what to install?

…and most importantly, does it have [I]Drage[/I] to Disc? :smiley:

[quote=DrageMester;2144083]How big is the entire installation?

Can you pick and choose what to install?

…and most importantly, does it have [I]Drage[/I] to Disc? :D[/quote]
You can choose what to install with a Custom Install, its really so good I had to let our members know about it, I love it, even for the price, it does so much more than Nero its almost silly, it has a new version of Drag to Disc called " Drag and Drop" but its only in the Music and Audio section and does not interfere with any programs I have installed. The download is over 2gbs with everything installed.

Thanks for the information alan1476:

While I’ve never used Roxio, I do know they’ve accepted crossover competitive upgrades from Nero users. Considering the problems experienced with Nero 9, it’s worth trying.

Its a keeper as far as I am concerned. And the best part is that everything works. I know that sounds funny but with some current releases ( not mentioning names) they upgrade to a new version without fixing the old version.

Adaptec Easy CD Creator was the first burning software I used back in the day of 1x recorders. This eventually turned into the core of the Roxio product.

Loooooong time ago. :cool:

I was so impressed with this program I didnt even try to burn a DVD9 to DVD5 with it, like Recode in Nero. I am going to try now.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2144118]Adaptec Easy CD Creator was the first burning software I used back in the day of 1x recorders. This eventually turned into the core of the Roxio product.

Loooooong time ago. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yea, me also. I really like it when it was produced by Adaptec but lost interest for a while after they sold it. Was on the Beta team for version 7 with Roxio but was so frustrated with it I dropped from the team.

Picked up version 9; then 10 and now 2009 and I think they finally have a handle on the development. Creator 2009 is very stable for an All-in-one and has not conflicted with any other burning software I have installed, which is a considerable number.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2144122]I was so impressed with this program I didnt even try to burn a DVD9 to DVD5 with it, like Recode in Nero. I am going to try now.[/QUOTE]

It does a nice job of compressing and burning (make sure you have AnyDVD running in the background.

It does not have all the bells and whistles like FAB, CloneDVD2, or others but it does do a nice job and very simple to use; I will attached theses screens for you to examine.

first 3 are of the backup process; screen 4 is the movie playing using CinePlayer which is included in Creator 2009. The movie plays nicely on my standalones also.

hi

have Roxio Buzz which i like - but it has a slightly irritating jingle at the end of each project, a sort of Roxio trademark i guess - please tell me this is either absent in Creator 9 or 10, or that you can at least elect to turn it off?

can’t find a 9/10 demo-trial version to check this one out on

many thanks

Ric

[quote=kr236rk;2145607]hi

have Roxio Buzz which i like - but it has a slightly irritating jingle at the end of each project, a sort of Roxio trademark i guess - please tell me this is either absent in Creator 9 or 10, or that you can at least elect to turn it off?

can’t find a 9/10 demo-trial version to check this one out on

many thanks

Ric[/quote]
I think you can go to Option > Sounds and turn it off.:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2145610]I think you can go to Option > Sounds and turn it off.:confused:[/QUOTE]

yes, you’re right Alan, thanks - just stumbled over that option myself: think i’m getting burn-out from looking at too many excellent softwares :rolleyes:

lol

R

Hi,

I have a quick question about Creator 2009.

Is it possible to burn/save files of projects like Audio CD’s to a image file like ISO, or do you have to actually burn it to a disk.

[QUOTE=andyr2005;2145792]Hi,

I have a quick question about Creator 2009.

Is it possible to burn/save files of projects like Audio CD’s to a image file like ISO, or do you have to actually burn it to a disk.[/QUOTE]

yep

Hi,

Well, I should have been more specific. How to you do it then, cause I cannot find out how.