Roxio 6.0 - Banned me!

Well boys & girls, tried to log on to the beta testers site this afternoon, and I got a page that told me I had been banned!
I guess Roxio has some people that read the posts here, (not too well though, since I honored the NDA and didn’t give out any secrets).

Oh well! That’s their loss! I was a contributor the forum at Roxio and pointed out several problems, and this is how they thank me?

So all I have to say now is screw 'em! I wouldn’t use their product if they gave it to me, I’ll just keep on using good old Nero.

Maybe they didnt like this bit, "But first let me say I HATED 5.0. I think it was the buggiest piece of crap that it was ever my misfortune to come across, and the ONLY thing I liked about it was the label creator. "
But still no reason to kick you off the Beta test.

Don’t worry about it, yj4x4, with your background you’re right, it’s their loss and not yours.

Roxio has turned into an uptight, reactionary outfit that is doing its best to mismanage itself out of business.

That’s too bad, because I have used their software since Easy CD Creator 3, and have generally liked it. I have also contributed hundreds of posts to free technical support for their products.

Unfortunately, the way they deal with their users and testers is a disgrace. Their “forum” is a bitch-fest that is frustrating to use and practically out of control. Their market image is a disaster in process.

They offered to make me a beta tester and I decided not to do it when I read their beta testers agreement.

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]Unfortunately, the way they deal with their users and testers is a disgrace. Their “forum” is a bitch-fest that is frustrating to use and practically out of control. Their market image is a disaster in process.

They offered to make me a beta tester and I decided not to do it when I read their beta testers agreement. [/B]

This is ok by me, particularly if you keep giving free technical support to roxio users right here on this forum. :wink: :smiley:

(Personally, I couldn’t answer a question on their products as I gave up trying to get ezcd to work properly with version 4 and haven’t attempted to use any of their proggies since.)

Originally posted by philamber

This is ok by me, particularly if you keep giving free technical support to roxio users right here on this forum. :wink: :smiley:

I’ll continue to do that, but it’s for the benefit of the users, not for any affection for Roxio. I have tried to be positive and even-handed about Roxio, but they make it difficult.

The irony is that I don’t have any major complaint about their software products (unlike many), but with the way that they do business. It’s generally inept and seems to be getting worse. They usually try to buy their way out of difficulty, i.e., their latest purchase of the Napster assets and intellectual property.

@yj4x4

So, sorry to have heard this.

How did they find out? You don’t use your real name here.

Guess you can now go amok and post a few thousand screenshots

Too late , there is out all ready … :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, stupid of me but I used the same nym. Didn’t even stop to think about it. Just used to calling myself yj4x4. Didn’t think anyone from there would be here either…
Oh well…their loss.

Is Roxio Easy CD Creator (any version) actually any good?
I mean, besides creating audio CD’s and backing up files on your HDD, can it defeat any copy protection?
eg: Like Nero??

note: I’m aware that Nero can’t copy every protection out there, but it does a good job with most.

I have never seen any reason to use any Roxio product at any time.

Off Topic?

I can understand some of your points…as in all of you people’s points. My very first burner (a dinosaur!) was a 2X Acer which came bundled with Easy CD 3…or was it 2.03? can’t remember… It started creating coasters from day one, switched over to other s/w, still using other s/w.

Friend of mine bought Easy CD 5.xx Platinum the other day, started to suffer as well… “Win XP Hell…” a known fact too… 'nuff said.

Use something else… Sony CD Extreme?
from the “freeware burning apps” thread?

Too bad. I’ve been a faithful Nero user, too.

Originally posted by cocobongo772002
[B]Off Topic?

I can understand some of your points…as in all of you people’s points. My very first burner (a dinosaur!) was a 2X Acer which came bundled with Easy CD 3…or was it 2.03? can’t remember… [/B]

It would have been 3.5, I believe. I used to have the same drive. :wink:

I used to use EZ CD Cremator, but found it sucked compared to Nero. Let Roxio go out of business, no loss.

I completely agree. EZCD creator is horrible. We use Nero for everything now. We have no XP compatibility problems with Nero unlike EZCD. DEATH TO ROXIO!!

yeah, it’ll be a cold day in hell when I pay more money for a software that does far less than nero.

Originally posted by compu44
yeah, it’ll be a cold day in hell when I pay more money for a software that does far less than nero.

Erm, but according to dante’s Inferno, the seventh and last circle of hell is an ice plain. :wink:

Roxio software s***s! Plextor America still includes it with their drives. I just bought another 482448a and there it was. Yuck. I keep hoping they will break with them. Nero is what it was and will always be. Now it burner companies want to be daring…how about BW or Alcohol. (that would be the Ice plain…as in when hell freezes over). Just a thought. I had version 3.5c with my old Yamaha SCSI.

Roxio EZCD Creater 5 ruined 6 perfectly good CD-R’s…

Why do you guys still waste time with that so-called burning software? Don’t waste your time! I used EZCD only on my first CD-Writer because I was a newbie in burning after two moths I had already removed it from my Hard Disk. Use NERO: Great Program. :bigsmile: