Roxette Cd

Does anyone know wich audio protection is used on the new roxette cd " the ballads Hits"?

CDS200

Read the sticky thread mentioned as the last link in my signature.

Hi, i’ve copied the cd with clone cd4.2 using asus32x12x40 both as reader and writer. I can tell and suggest Upp3rd0G that this time the mp3 player does not work! and there is no reference to midbar. on the disc it just says:"This disc contains copy control technology.It is designed to be compatible with cd audio players, dvd players and PC-OS MS windows 95, Pentium 233 mhz 64 MB RAM or Higher. on the inner cd ring you can read : EMI UDEN 5418572 @ 1 1 - 1- 16 - NL IFPI L046 . Could read all tracks except for the last one with Exact Audiio Copy. Toshiba sdm 1222 could not read the cd.

Originally posted by sasha79
This disc contains copy control technology.It is designed to be compatible with cd audio players, dvd players and PC-OS MS windows 95, Pentium 233 mhz 64 MB RAM or Higher.

Early versions of CDS200 always had a reference to Midbar, Tel-Aviv somewhere on the cover or inlay. It is possible they don’t do that anymore because nowadays they use the general logo’s to tell the customer the cd has a copy-protection…

The copy-protection statement you mentioned tells you the cd is playable on your pc. At this moment only CDS200 give the user the ability to play the cd on their pc so whenever you see the above statement you can be pretty sure CDS200 is used as a protection.

Btw: is there a hidden file ‘version.txt’ in the datasession?

BTW i was able to get another version of the album which has a 2nd disc that’s protected too. the difference is that the 2 disc version of the album works fine on my PC the single disc version does not work at all when disc is inserted " invalid win32 application" pops out ; the 2 disc version instead works and player starts playng the compressed low quality files on the disc. Of course the 1 disc version will be returned back for a refound today!

Forgot to tell you, on the version.txt hidden file is written: “CDS200.0.4 3.0 build 12b”.