Router

vbimport

I got a new computer, and installed a router, I took the old computer, that was originally, the base computer and tried to install it as a secondary computer, installed the software for the network adapter, and it will not accept a signal. Any ideaswould be greatly appreciated.

There is a little reset button on the bottom of the router, use a pencil or a pin and hold it for a minute with the power connector off. Then reset all your router settings. Most router have these reset buttons , I really dont know what type you have.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2056438]There is a little reset button on the bottom of the router, use a pencil or a pin and hold it for a minute with the power connector off. Then reset all your router settings. Most router have these reset buttons , I really dont know what type you have.[/QUOTE]I don’t think that is the
problem, as I have another computer using the same router and is getting a signal.The router is a Belkin G

What OSes are the computers running? And I take it the router is wireless?

I have a wired Belkin router, and setting up a small 2-PC network (both XP Pro) was a breeze.

Is it wireless or wired? It does make a differance on how to set up.
Wired is easier.
Check to make sure all IP address are entered correctly, if not using IP address and using NAT make sure you check the box in IE to Automatically detect settings. It’s under Tools/Connections/Lan settings

bean55