Router forward ports to new computer

vbimport

I recently got a new laptop that is networked to my router. I could see the desktop from my laptop when the desktop had xp on it. recently I upgraded it to win7. Laptop has Vista on it which i will upgrade soon.

The problem I have had even prior to the OS upgrade was I could dl from MIrC on the desktop but not on the laptop. Someone said I need to do a port forward but I don’t know how to do this. Is there an easy way to do this or another fix for this problem?

I can’t dl from MIRC on the laptop.

I don’t know if thats a port issue, if you want to forward a port for your specific router I would suggest checking out portforward.com

Otherwise you might just need to do some googleing for setting up a home network for windows 7.

Since I can get into a copy files from one computer to another and surf the net from any computer I think the network is setup. The ip config is right. The only problem I have is with mirc is vista on the laptop.

Meggie

[QUOTE=eric93se;2474186]I don’t know if thats a port issue, if you want to forward a port for your specific router I would suggest checking out portforward.com

Otherwise you might just need to do some googleing for setting up a home network for windows 7.[/QUOTE]

Someone said I need to do a port forward but I don’t know how to do this. Is there an easy way to do this or another fix for this problem?

Since I can get into a copy files from one computer to another and surf the net from any computer I think the network is setup. The ip config is right. The only problem I have is with mirc is vista on the laptop.

As was explained before, you need to go to this web site:

http://www.portforward.com

And look for information about how to properly configure your router so that it will work with mIRC. They have information that is router and application specific, so find out which model you have and search for it there.