Root keys for Playstation 3 released - the hack Sony can't block

Root keys for Playstation 3 released - the hack Sony can’t block.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/10/2Ii4HP.png[/newsimage]Hackers have released something that can be considered the master hack of Sony's Playstation 3. 

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/root-keys-for-playstation-3-released-the-hack-sony-cant-block-64474/](http://www.myce.com/news/root-keys-for-playstation-3-released-the-hack-sony-cant-block-64474/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Awesome, perhaps there’ll be a way to overcome Cinavia as a result of this.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2660795]Awesome, perhaps there’ll be a way to overcome Cinavia as a result of this.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Ladys and gentlemen, here at Sony we are proud to announce the PS3.1! Its “better”… somehow. Oh, and it comes with Facebook apps, so don’t ask questions, just buy it!

And if you try to update the firmware, the device will self-destruct. The explosion will generate a temperature of almost 100 million degrees (don’t be there when it blows!). Let’s see you jerks, I mean “valued customers”, try to hack this thing!

(Insert millions of lawsuits here).

Let’s face it… the console is 6+ years old… and Sony’s still delaying intro of a PS4 console… probably gonna have a new name instead of a 4th gen console but anywho… who wants to buy a console that will be worth half it’s value in the course of the next year-- if you haven’t already bought one…

Here you go:

Original url: http://pastie.org/5102182

[erk=CA7A24EC38BDB45B98CCD7D363EA2AF0C326E65081E0630CB9AB2D215865878A]
[riv=F9205F46F6021697E670F13DFA726212]
[pub=A8FD6DB24532D094EFA08CB41C9A72287D905C6B27B42BE4AB925AAF4AFFF34D
41EEB54DD128700D]
[priv=001AD976FCDE86F5B8FF3E63EF3A7F94E861975BA3]
[ctype=33]

Why can no one get the name right :frowning:
Eurogamer writer is a moron for causing this crap >.<

Its “The Three Musketeers”, NOT ‘The Three Tuskateers’ .

Also hacked consoles on 3.55 have had access to PSN for 6+ months.

I wrote this article, because i was p*ssed off with how Eurogamer and Games Industry got stuff wrong >.<

[QUOTE=Wombler;2660795]Awesome, perhaps there’ll be a way to overcome Cinavia as a result of this.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Of course with CFW there is a way to block cinavia :slight_smile:

Thanks for the correction GregoryRasputin, much appreciated! I will also edit it in the original article. I hope you’ll stay around and share more information.

This is great news. I have a console with the Red Screen of Death. The only way to fix it is to be on 3.55. And its on 3.61.

I paid £100 to import a NAND flasher to bring it down to 3.55. Opened it up, istalled it and the thing just would not work.

I hope now I can get this console working without the need of the thing.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2660869]Thanks for the correction GregoryRasputin, much appreciated! I will also edit it in the original article. I hope you’ll stay around and share more information.[/QUOTE]

Cool :slight_smile:
And ill always be around, just not always active :slight_smile:
Hopefully these new keys bring great things at last for the PS3 scene as the period between 3.55 CFW and now has be a struggle.

[QUOTE=Anthony1uk;2660875]This is great news. I have a console with the Red Screen of Death. The only way to fix it is to be on 3.55. And its on 3.61.

I paid £100 to import a NAND flasher to bring it down to 3.55. Opened it up, istalled it and the thing just would not work.

I hope now I can get this console working without the need of the thing.[/QUOTE]

Reinstalling the Firmware via the recovery menu should fix RSOD, recovery is available on all consoles, regardless of it being on CFW or not.

@Wombler
This method was/is used on 3.41/3.55 CFW, it ill be ported to this new CFW :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=GregoryRasputin;2660877]Hopefully these new keys bring great things at last for the PS3 scene as the period between 3.55 CFW and now has be a struggle.[/QUOTE]

They probably will …respect to those who devoted their time and skills to give us back the full ownership over our BOUGHT devices…:bow:
This is the 1st time that I consider using CFW,now that the Root keys are finally broken…

I do not own any sony product this and the cracking of avid protools 10 finally owned !!! made my month that’s for sure

To any company : anyone is free to learn anything, there should be under no blockades to control what people can learn with due to pricing or “it’s for pros BS”

Stop using moronic protection devices as in the end you are forced to open up the product AKA AVID PRO TOOLS 10 having no requirements for specific hardware now. Pressure of competition makes good progress.

[QUOTE=GregoryRasputin;2660877]Cool :slight_smile:
And ill always be around, just not always active :slight_smile:
Hopefully these new keys bring great things at last for the PS3 scene as the period between 3.55 CFW and now has be a struggle.

Reinstalling the Firmware via the recovery menu should fix RSOD, recovery is available on all consoles, regardless of it being on CFW or not.

@Wombler
This method was/is used on 3.41/3.55 CFW, it ill be ported to this new CFW :slight_smile:
http://rebug.me/disable-cinavia-installer-3-41-3-55/[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks for that info. :cool:

Oh and welcome to the forums BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Sweet well done BlueDiskCFW I don’t know what some of us would do without folks such as yourselves.