Rom will only read cd once after reboot

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the BenQ DW1625. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]technically my dvdrom is a hp dvd writer 640c, but i flashed and updated it to a BENQ DVD DD DW1625

to start off, i know theres a lot of posts about this topic but none of them helps…

my dvdrom will only read a cd once and only once after a reboot only if the cd is in the driver before the pc is turned on, when i try to put in a different cd, sometimes the icon in mycomputer will change but when i try to view the cd contents it appears to be blank, even if i use the same cd that read after a reboot…

heres some things ive already tried:

• uninstalling the dvdrom through the device manager
  • deleted “[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters”
  • running AutoFix.exe
  • changing transfer mode from pio to dma and vice-versa
  • replacing the ide ribbon and power cable
  • tried different versions of firmware
  • over a week of searching google and a quarter million reboots inbetween those attempts lol

nothing seams to prove anything…

im hoping somebody can help me try to get this thing running again…its only burt 3 cds, could it have died that quick?

thanks in advance :bow:

Hi and Welcome!

is there any opportunity to try the drive in another computer (from a friend etc.)?
If the same behaviour can be seen there, then the drive has gone bad.

Michael