Rock Band 2/ps2

vbimport

We recieved a Rock Band 2 for ps2 for Christmas. The software disc first displayed a message about “no data found.” We replaced that one and a new message appears requesting a ps or ps2 format disc. Is the game just not compatible with my ps2 version? (scph-75001)

Looking at this list http://www.us.playstation.com/News/ConsumerAlerts/softwareTitles_75001.html

It’s not on there, so I’m not sure, is your lens clean? do other games work?

RCM, thanks for the reply.
Other games work fine.
Lens dosen’t seem to be the problem.
I have googled the problem and I found plenty of complaints with the very same symptoms. I just can’t find anyone who has a solution!!!
Thanks for your help

[QUOTE=luvs2t1up;2185881]RCM, thanks for the reply.
Other games work fine.
Lens dosen’t seem to be the problem.
I have googled the problem and I found plenty of complaints with the very same symptoms. I just can’t find anyone who has a solution!!!
Thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

Your welcome, I wonder why it’s just that model?

I’m having the same problem with both the model 75001 and 50001 PS2s (slim and fat respectively). I’ve heard of people getting them to work but it seems to be a painstaking process of finding a specific version of the game. I haven’t been able to find out if it’s a specific release batch or simply a fluke though. So far I’ve tried 3 different copies of the game and switching the disc pseed and texture mapping options and each game and with each PS2. So far it’s been to no avail.