Robotic arm to load CD into a drive and into a printer?

We are looking for a Robotic arm that can be controlled by RS-232 that can load a CD/DVD into a drive and into a printer. We don’t want a finished product, but the components (and control codes). If that doesn’t work then we could look at taking an existing system and modifying it.

Don’t get the one from CyberDyne Systems. During its off-hours, it keeps thumbing through the phone book looking for someone called “Sara Connor”.

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/tech/changer.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kinda reminds me of Emmet “Doc” Brown’s dog-food robotic arm in Back to the future…

tim: theres a fair amount of work involved in making arms like that. You said you didnt want a complete system, but unless you have access to a workshop, good electronics skills, and a big chunk of spare time you would be better off just buying one.

As for someone providing ‘just the arm’, the arms are usually designed from scratch around the drive placements you want, and are highly integrated with the drive electronics and controller (+firmware, drivers etc).

Are you doing this as a company, or a hobby project?

[QUOTE=tiny_tim;1408575]We are looking for a Robotic arm that can be controlled by RS-232 that can load a CD/DVD into a drive and into a printer. We don’t want a finished product, but the components (and control codes). If that doesn’t work then we could look at taking an existing system and modifying it.[/QUOTE]
I’m sorry I didn’t see your message x years ago…
I think this is/was what you were looking for:
www.dextimus.com