Robin Hood dvd

vbimport

I have been trying to make a backup copy of this movie using DVDFab versions 8008, 8011, and 8015 both with path player enabled and disabled as well as using the full disc and main movie 2:20 and 2:35 length versions with no success:confused: With about 2 minutes left of the copy process, the Reading/Writing error control prompt appears indicating an error while reading issue. I have tried “ignore all” as well as the other options (abort, retry, etc.) but the copy process appears to stall/freeze and does not finish. I would appreciate any help/suggestions in solving this problem. Thanks. Brenda

You may have a bad pressed / dirty disc by the sound of it try cleaning the disc
with a very soft cloth and wipe from the center out and not around the track of
the disc.

Look very closely at the outer edge of the disc and see if you can see any spots
or marks on the disc that could cause the read error. I have bought brand new
discs that wouldn’t even play straight out of the package because of a bad press
from the factory so it is not all that uncommon for it to happen. :disagree:

Thanks for the suggestion. If I had no problem when playing the movie, would this still cause a reading error when trying to make a backup disc? I didn’t notice any spots or marks but just checked a couple other discs that I just made copies of that did have a few minor marks on them and had no problem with reading errors on those.

[QUOTE=brendajc;2545920]Thanks for the suggestion. If I had no problem when playing the movie, would this still cause a reading error when trying to make a backup disc? I didn’t notice any spots or marks but just checked a couple other discs that I just made copies of that did have a few minor marks on them and had no problem with reading errors on those.[/QUOTE]

Hi brendajc

Getit’s suggestion on the cleaning of the disc is spot on, even though you can’t see nothing doesn’t mean it does not need cleaning…just a fingerprint can trigger a read error even though it plays fine.

You didn’t state whether this problematic DVD is new or one you’ve had for a while, if is an older version of “Robin Hood” you may try going into common settings-> “Pathplayer” and set it to (Disabled) some older movie titles don’t seem to like Pathplayer :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

Oops, the Robin Hood dvd is new and was released today. I also did try it with AND without path player enabled but neither worked.:sad:

[QUOTE=brendajc;2545927]Oops, the Robin Hood dvd is new and was released today. I also did try it with AND without path player enabled but neither worked.:sad:[/QUOTE]

Now it’s my turn to say Oops…Oops :bigsmile: you using the paid version or the free HD Decrypter ?

Course since it just got released there may be new protection on it, please send the necessary info to Fengtao…

see the knowledge-base here-> http://club.myce.com/f116/dvdfab-knowledge-base-310834/ on how to do so.

[B]SJ[/B]

I am using the paid version of DVDFab. Thanks, I will send the info files to Fentago:bigsmile:

I didn’t have any problems with Robin Hood
v.8.0.1.5 pathplayer always enabled,ignore all read errors
using a Optiarc 7200S as a reader

Had no problem with Robin Hood ( 2010 ) using an older ver 7.0.9.3
Full disc pathplayer always enabled.

Thanks to all for their suggestions/ideas:clap: After numerous attempts, I was able to make a copy of the Robin Hood dvd but, no matter which DVDFab version I used (including 8.0.1.5 or 7.0.9.3), I still got a reading error. At the burning completion, it noted that 928 unreadable sectors were skipped:rolleyes: I haven’t watched it yet to see if there are any problems when viewing the movie. I did note seeing something different than usual as it contained an “Eng AC-3/2 visual impaired” section which I don’t recall seeing on other dvds. Maybe this could be causing the reading error and/or a new protection on it:confused: Thanks, again, and have a great day.

Sounds like a bad disc

No problems getting Robin Hood usa r1 Unrated Directors cut with Version’s 7.0.9.2 , 5.3.2.0 , and 8011