Roadmap?

vbimport

Hallo,

does it exist any kind of a roadmap for new features ?
I think on such features :

• Taking two or more titles from one DVD (Movie-Only-Setting), sequential playing (e.g. to put a trailer before of the main-movie).
  • To have the choice of splitting the DVD at the layerbrake to a second DVD instead transcode/changing of any MPEG2-data !
  • take the “full-disk”-setting but cut of some extras.

Also…

• taking two different DVDs and put them on one new single DVD (2 titles), e.g. for having two films on one DVD or to put a DVD-10 on one DVD.

No roadmap, nor will there be a roadmap ever sorry…

But to give a answer on one question : To have the choice of splitting the DVD at the layerbrake to a second DVD instead transcode/changing of any MPEG2-data

This is not where DVD2one was made for, it’s a nice idea but there are other tools like IFOedit who are much beter at jobs like this.

So in time we will make changes to the entire product, given more functionalibility, but as mention before we simple can not give out a roadmap simply because DVD2one is a cardhouse and very tight. Every function has so many impact on the system it’s very hard for us to describe when what will be ready.

But i can promise one thing, the end is not near. We have plenty of internal ideas to make the product even beter!

If I have understood you right, a splitting-tool will never be implemented.

But on the site http://www.dvd2one.com I can read about these coming implementions :

• Split a movie over 2 disks. For those who are not willing to sacrifice any image quality.
  • Join 2 movies on 1 disk. Also very usefull for putting a flipper on 1 disk.
  • Subtitle processing tool. Change color, transparancy, location and maybe even size of the subtitles.

You should not interpret them as a statement of fact but merely as Ideas.

Indeed those are ideas, but the two to one feature is something that has become more usefull then a split one on two function.

Maybe just maybe it’s going to be done, but with the other tools comming up it’s definitaly not on the A list anymore.

Originally posted by ReneB
Indeed those are ideas, but the two to one feature is something that has become more usefull then a split one on two function.
Maybe just maybe it’s going to be done, but with the other tools comming up it’s definitaly not on the A list anymore.

ReneB–I’ve seen a whole plethora of suggestions for additions/changes to D2O, and hope you concentrate on what you targeted with the first release–a small, bullet-proof, elegant, fast, high-quality movie-only transcoder. The recent changes improving quality over full transcode (due to better size estimation?) are the sort of changes most of us anticipate and appreciate. Please concentrate on suchlike–you had the right idea to start with…
One ‘housekeeping’ suggestion though–would you eliminate the need to StartProgram after starting, and put the MovieOnly/FullMovie/English screens back on just the page that opens when the program is opened? The needless extra clicking is giving me carpal-tunnel-syndrome…

I agree with loggy. I just want the basics. The only little thing I ask for is a setting for default folder. DVD2one always starts with the last file opened, but I rarely (never) use that file. When I want another, I have to start over clicking through the partitions/folders to get where I want to go. It’a a small thing, and I have no other requests.

Unless you can add World Peace to the next update, of course…

The Mac needs a DVD splitting tool that does the whole disk, as Discomvobulator just isn’t cutting it (no multiple tracks, no menus, doesn’t work very well, etc.). A mac version of a DVD2Two would sell well, I’m sure. Just a thought.