Rmvb to dvd

hi, i just recently bought convertXtoDVD and was using without a problem, untill i came across a rmvb file. i know these files are the spwan of satan and i should be eternally damned for downloading them but it was the only type of file available.

anyway, whenever i try to convert the files it says it can’t convert it. i have real alternative codec installed so i can watch it, but i would like to put it onto dvd. any ideas

cheers trav

i know these files are the spwan of satan and i should be eternally damned for downloading them but it was the only type of file available.

Indeed.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?toolsearch=rmvb&Submit=Search&s=&orderby=Name&hits=50&convert=&dvdauthorfeatures=

OK Im trying to convert RMVB files to avi and can i fk find a section for rmvb files on winavi as previously told to use.How on this earth do i convert rmvb to avi so i can burn it onto dvd…please dont paste a link for a program as i have downloaded 8 different conversion tools and each one has no section for rmvb-avi…HELP…do i need extra codecs or extra something?..

The issue here is that the variable bitrate of the real media (which has killer compression, almost literally, as in , it kills your eyes to watch it). You can use playback software that re-records it in the normal format again. It takes ages (actually s long as the file plays) but it can be done. Perhaps FRAPS can work wonders.