RMVB conversion problem

vbimport

I recently helped someone with converting an.rm file to DVD compliant format. The .rm file was a complete 1 hour 58 minute movie .
I decided I would like to try to do this to see if this was possible from a first rip of DVD compliant files. What I wanted to find out was how many conversions the movie .rm might have gone through .
I have a couple of softwares that will convert to .RMVB .That is OK with me & I didn’t find one that did .rm audio/video .
I tried Easy RealMedia ProducerV1.94 & Format Factory . Both have the same problem when going from .vob files to .RMVB. The Audio track sound very slowed down. Not just out of sync . Like a 45 rpm vinyl record played at 33 rpm.
I tested these programs with some other file extension and those converted OK to .RMVB .Both .flv & .avi ( in this case the .avi is XVID mp4 with .mp3 audio).
I tried a .wmv also the audio was OK but the video had a green strip at the bottom about 1/6 the of the screen.
So any suggestions on the cause or a fix would be helpful.

I don’t work with real formats. There are much better choices out there. If your conversion programs will accept separate streams, you might demux the original dvd, then convert the audio stream before introducing it to your RMVB conversion program. The ac3 format may be the problem, so switching to wav/lpcm or mp3 might give you something the conversion program can work with.

If the RMVB conversion program won’t accept separate streams, you might have to remux to mpeg2, then feed it to your conversion program.

What a pain in the butt though.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2547866]I don’t work with real formats.
What a pain in the butt though.[/QUOTE]
I’m just playing around with it. We actually agree on both points above.

I cured the audio problem . I had to let it install it’s version of ac3filter with mine still installed .I can’t tell any difference in it.
I also got it to do .rm files by selecting CBR instead of VBR.
The problem is now with the joiner that came bundled with Easy RealMedia ProducerV1.94 which is Easy RealMedia EditorV1.73.
I want to join the .rm files into one large one.
It fails when I try to join the .rm files from the whole .vob files ripped from a commercial DVD (decrypted of course).
When I use DVDShrink to make a couple of short clips.
Then convert the clips to .rm using the same settings as for the complete .vobs with Easy RealMedia ProducerV1.94. It is able to join the short clip .rm’s.
These are the stats for both from Media info:
This is the full size .rm from a complete VTS_01_1.vob approx 1GB.
General #0
Complete name : C:\Users\Desktop\TEST\XXX\VTS_01_1.rm
Format : RMF
File size : 83.9 MiB
PlayTime : 24mn 38s
Bit rate : 462 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : RealVideo 4
Codec/Info : H264, RealVideo 9
Bit rate : 334 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 1.500
Frame rate : 29 fps
Standard : NTSC
Resolution : 12 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.033

Audio #0
Codec : AAC-LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : Real Audio 10 AAC LC
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits

This is from the DVDShrink clip approx 103MB:
General #0
Complete name : C:\Users\Desktop\TEST\VTS_01_1.rm
Format : RMF
File size : 10.9 MiB
PlayTime : 2mn 56s
Bit rate : 465 Kbps

Video #0
Codec : RealVideo 4
Codec/Info : H264, RealVideo 9
Bit rate : 337 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 1.500
Frame rate : 29 fps
Standard : NTSC
Resolution : 12 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.034

Audio #0
Codec : AAC-LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : Real Audio 10 AAC LC
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits

I think there may be a size limit at least that’s all I can think of.
I haven’t found guide or tutorial on the above software or I should say very limited ones.
Any ideas would be appreciated.