Rmps

vbimport

Recordable Medium Physical Signature - does that mean they get something like a pen and sign it? dont laugh at me if im wrong plz!

Recordable Media Physical Signature

yer i meant to put that, but you havent really answered my question!:cool:

Hey merth…call me when you have something serious to say…some of yours posts are pure fantasy…at least ask something reasonable!

Oh and get out of my mom’s bed :cool:

As for answering the question…is there really any point in asking?! :confused:

BTW, my name is merther02 or merther, not merth:p:p:p:p

I was just wondering because, if it is written physical, then surely somebody somewhere could do the rmps.

I admit my posts are a bit stupid and my comments and slang are to, but that makes a typical brit and it makes me, and somebody was bound to say something about it sooner or later.:bigsmile:

The developers of Alcohol invented another way to make working copies of SecuROM v4.8x-protected CDs. When the DPM option, which allowed to read the structural information and store it in the .mds-files, was introduced, it was possible to mount the created images and emulate the delays caused by the varying track structure. So why not write the image to a CDR and somehow apply the structure (or, to be more precise, apply the delays caused by it) to the data that is just read by the drive? And this is what Alcohol does with the RMPS (Recordable Media Physical Signature) option. In addition to the data stream saved in the image, the structural information from the .mds-file is burned to the disc as well. Now this alone would be too obvious a difference between the CD-ROM and the CDR, so Alcohol (version 1.3.6.1223 or above) must be used to emulate their “RMPS emulation”. This creates the necessary delays whenever they need to be applied to the data the drive just reads, and additionally it somehow hides the section of the CDR where the RMPS information is stored.