Rmbv to dvd format

Hello my friends :slight_smile:

Can you tell me please which is the best program to convert files in rmvb format to dvd format?

Thank you in advance :bow:

I would try DVDFlick . You will need to use the pulldown & select "All files " when you “add title” .
Real Media files are a pain & even though the extension is the same what works for one may not work for another.
I may have another sugestion if this doesn’t work for you.

Thread moved to the Video Edit forum :slight_smile:

i’m sorry Geno :o My mistake…

[QUOTE=cholla;2569430]I would try DVDFlick . You will need to use the pulldown & select "All files " when you “add title” .
Real Media files are a pain & even though the extension is the same what works for one may not work for another.
I may have another sugestion if this doesn’t work for you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much cholla for your help :clap: i heard that real player plus can do the job but i’m not sure…

No problem :slight_smile:

I don’t have Real Player Plus since I don’t use real media much I have a free version called Real Player SP . A converter comes with it but it is limited & doesn’t convert to DVD format.
Did DVDFlick work for you ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2569469]I don’t have Real Player Plus since I don’t use real media much I have a free version called Real Player SP . A converter comes with it but it is limited & doesn’t convert to DVD format.
Did DVDFlick work for you ?[/QUOTE]

i don’t know yet. i’ll try later and so i’ll let you know :flower:

Hi cholla :slight_smile:

it’s me again… i’m sorry to say but DVD Flick doesn’t work for me :frowning:
Meanwhile i’ve found this site:

http://www.formatoz.com/

Looking for reviews concerning this program it seems good, but i’ve found some advises like these:

“Tries to create an eBay shortcut on installation”; "Riddled with unwanted add-ons (of which many security sites consider to be Spyware) and “Warning! Format Factory installs K-Lite Codec pack that might cause problems with other video software on your computer”

As i have other video software installed on my computer (1clickdvdpro, clonedvd2,dvdshrink, for instance) i’m afraid that K-Lite Codec pack might cause problems. :confused:

What do you think about? Any advise will be very appreciare :bow:

btw: sorry for my english :o

Deanimator likes Format Factory and recommends it. I haven’t used it much. I don’t think it installs Klite by itself, but recommends it for compatibility with certain formats. You might have to install Real Alternative to work with rmvb files.

Be careful to “uncheck” a few boxes when you install FF, and you shouldn’t get any extras.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2569546]Deanimator likes Format Factory and recommends it. I haven’t used it much. I don’t think it installs Klite by itself, but recommends it for compatibility with certain formats. You might have to install Real Alternative to work with rmvb files.

Be careful to “uncheck” a few boxes when you install FF, and you shouldn’t get any extras.[/QUOTE]

Hello Kerry :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your advices. :clap:

As i said before i’m afraid to install this program because on VideoHelpthere is the following advice:

“Format Factory is a free multifunctional media converter. Provides functions below: All to MP4/3GP/MPG/AVI/WMV/FLV/SWF. All to MP3/WMA/AMR/OGG/AAC/WAV. All to JPG/BMP/PNG/TIF/ICO/GIF/TGA. Rip DVD to video file , Rip Music CD to audio file. MP4 files support iPod/iPhone/PSP/BlackBerry format. Burn in subtitles from srt/mkv. Source files support RMVB. Based on free software like ffmpeg. Warning! Format Factory installs K-Lite Codec pack that might cause problems with other video software on your computer”

As i have installed on my PC all this software:

Nero 6
CloneCD
CloneDVD2
AnyDVD
1Click DVD Pro
Imgburn

i don’t know if i will not have conflits… :confused:

Again, thank you very much Kerry :flower:

I don’t think you’ll have problems. I had an older install executable on my computer (v2.5) and installed it with no issues, then uninstalled it again. I don’t have any need for the program, but it never caused issues with other software for me.

Thank you very much for your help Kerry

I haven’t had the problems with Format Factory either. I don’t think it does a good job with Real Media files though.

You might read this post:

Get the Real Player SP & convert the .rmvb to .wmv then try DVDFlick again.
As I posted some .rmvb files are a pain to convert. The one you have must be one of those. I prefer less conversions but sometimes that is what it takes.

Hello cholla :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help. As you says i’ll try again with DVDFlick :iagree:

Then i’ll let you know the results.

All the best for you :flower: