Ritek - Whats the difference?

Hi all;
I have been offered ritek discs at a very good price but have never used them before I’ve heard that they are very good but (and there’s always a BUT) there are so many different formats to these that I don’t know if I’d be buying good or crap media. So in short can someone explain whats the difference between
Promedia - ritek
Landscape - ritek
RiDisc - ritek
Datasafe -ritek
Orange Top - ritek
Thanks in advance.

//John

Hi
Ritek disc’s are normally good media. Some are + some are - disc’s.
Depends what you writer is. I’m using landscape + at the moment.
They are over sprayed at the factory so re painted with landscape picture.

Just noticed you live not to far from me. How cheap is cheap.

The names mean nothing, it’s all about the dye they use.

The latest ritek dye is ritekg.04, but there are different versions.

Do a search for what dye they use or use a program like dvdinfo to check what the use, if you can of course…

If they all use the same version of the die, then just buy the cheapest, or for personal preference the ones that look the nicest to you :slight_smile:

If you are talking about the + or - war, choose the format that is most compatable with your hardware.

Originally posted by hburrows83

The latest ritek dye is ritekg.04
RiTEK G04 is for -R. RiTEK R02 and R03 are for +R.

@johnboywalton,

Let your local salesclerk provide you all the known to him info on the format and generation of those RiTEKs.

Originally posted by johnboywalton
[B]Hi all;
I have been offered ritek discs at a very good price but have never used them before I’ve heard that they are very good but (and there’s always a BUT) there are so many different formats to these that I don’t know if I’d be buying good or crap media. So in short can someone explain whats the difference between
Promedia - ritek
Landscape - ritek
RiDisc - ritek
Datasafe -ritek
Orange Top - ritek
Thanks in advance.

//John [/B]

Hey let me add to the list, there is also one called RiData Ritek (G04’s) :iagree:

Here just by aintree racecourse.
Thanx to all the info guys much appreciated.:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Just one thing you might want to know about Ritek: the quality of their media varies sometimes. In most cases, their discs work “allright” (their DVD media are better than their CD media), but don’t be wondered if you buy a 100 pack with 10 discs failing… or 0… or 95. It doesn’t happen too often, but it sure CAN happen (happened to me twice on a loooooot of discs).

Originally posted by Dee-ehn

(their DVD media are better than their CD media)
Disagree w this statement, since the RiTEK CDR media has always been produced great results in my tests.

Originally posted by johnboywalton

Here just by aintree racecourse.
johnboywalton,

thanks for the tip, I’ve just added your link to the list

No problems Boskin. Anyway for the price I’m going to give them a whirl. Will let everyone know how they went and what I got in a day or two.

//John