Ritek R02 revision 1

I bought last time some Ritek 4X, Well I bought these at meritline they used to be rebadged Richohs that I could burn at 8X. This time I bought 100 pack thinking the same and guess what? they look the same but now the identify as Riteks and now I can only burn them at 4X :frowning:

so be warned Ritek arent’ rebadged ricohs anymore.

I just tinkered with the bin and reflashed so that the ritek will support 8x Speed will burn and post my results

If you did not already know: Ritek is making the Ricoh media as well under license from Ricoh (Ricoh do not have any production facilities).

You can get either one in Ritek packaging, and always could.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Ricoh do not have any production facilities.

Not any longer or never had? Because I have some HP RICOHJPNW01 discs I bought about a year ago which has “Made in Japan” printed on the disc and packaging and they have a different type of serial number than the other Ricoh/Ritek +RW discs I have.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
You can get either one in Ritek packaging, and always could.

Until quite recently RITEK…R0x discs were however quite rare and I can’t remember seeing any reports about them 0.5-1 year ago so at least it looks like Ritek has increased the number of discs it makes with its own dye now.

well here are my results of burning [DVD+R:RITEK-R02-01]
@ 8X on modified HSOK firmware. With HSOP it was worse so I went back to HSOK

I just bought 100 of these 8X Ritek/Ricoh discs and find that I can only burn successfully at 4X. What a bummer, I have the 811S with FW HSOK. I’m going to upgrade to HSOP and see if it makes any difference.:confused:

HSOP Will not make a dfference you will need to modfied bin file in order to write a 8x and HSOP is worse the HSOK on for this media type if you want modified bin PM me and I’ll send it your way