Ritek G04s from New Egg

I’ve had GREAT luck with Ritek G04s from MeritLine. Recently NewEgg had them on sale so I bought some from there.

They are burning terribly for me! I tried some from MeritLine that I had left over and they work fine.

I also ordered some TY -Rs and tried them - they work fine. I’ve gotten some of my best burns with them, but most of them are in the MeritLine Ritek G04 quality range (PIs around 50 and POs less than 10. The best TY bursn have been PIs around 15 and POs of 1 or 2!).

I’ve tried Firmwares GS0A, GS0C, and FS0F with the same results.

I talked to a friend who quit doing Kprobe scans because the Riteks did so well for him. He started using the Riteks from NewEgg and suddenly got a nasty surprise - he’s having the same luck with them I am.

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems???

They look like the same discs, same packaging, same ID in Nero’s disc info.

Riteks just variable???

-Bob-

Exact same experience…Ritek has been hit or miss lately. I have recently switched to Maxell. The price of the 4x MXLRG02’s have come down considerably in the last month. Office depot has them this week 2 for 1 deal - 15 spindles. These are legit MXL’s 4x…+R’s are Ricohs. 30 for $27US…no brainer.

Office Depot Special

Your buddy can stop Kprobing his media again with these. I’ve used about 20 of these yellow top branded and a 50 spindle of printables. The couple dozen Kprobe’s I’ve done look exactly the same…even the ones I burn on my 2nd burner.

well your deal is damn good. but the only thing on sell is +r’s. i would love to see this deal with -r’s on sell

NM got it i see the coupon says its good for -r as well

limt of 1 buy get one free? i tried to order 8 and it only discounted 26.97

Originally posted by jstutman
well your deal is damn good. but the only thing on sell is +r’s. i would love to see this deal with -r’s on sell

I just walked into an East Palo Alto Office Depot this morning and they had both -R and +R on the 2-for-1 special.

The sale is for either -R or +R. The link at the Office Depot sight seems to lead you to the +R’s.

Go to the -R media section and pick the Maxells and use the coupon code to buy 2 spindles for the price of 1.

yes i tryed online but my billing address is fpo and they wont let me enter the fpo info. so i thought id call them. sadly i cant call us 800 numbers from here.

I burned at 4x, then KProbed. Looks good.

Lite-on 811s, HSOE
RICOHJPNR01

PI/PO Averages:
Read at max: 0.936 / 0.028
Read at 4x: 8.687 / 0.024

Disc Type = DVD+R
Manufacturer = Ricoh Company Limited
<< Disc Information >>
Erasable = False
Status of Last Session/Border = Empty Session/Border
Disc Status = Imcomplete Disc
Number of First Track/RZone on Disc = 1
Number of Sessions/Borders(LSB) = 2
First Track/RZone Number in Last Session/Border(LSB) = 2
Last Track/RZone Number in Last Session/Border(LSB) = 2
Disc Identification Valid(DID_V) = False
Disc Bar Code Valid(DBC_V) = False
Unrestricted Use Disc(DRU) = True
Disc Type = CD-DA or CD-ROM Disc
Disc Identification = 00000000h
Lead-in Start Time of Last Session = 34:63:128(22:3F:80h)
Last Possible Start Time for Startof Lead-out = 35:05:64(23:05:40h)
Disc Bar Code = 0000000000000000h
Number of OPC Table Entries = 0
<< Track Information >>
Number of Complete Sessions on Disc = 1