Ritek G04 and 411S

Finally got some of this for testing. Looks like FS0F wins the prize on this stuff. Eat my dust you Pioneer fan-boys:

:bigsmile:

Burned in 411S, FS0F at 4x:

Burned in Pioneer 106D, 1.07 at 4x:

In all honesty, these 2 discs will perform much the same in most players, but the LiteOn deffinitely wins bragging rights.

Great news. I was planning a Pioneer 106 purchase (but was being held back by an invisable force!) All my other burners are Lite-on and I did want the 411s to succeed. Now thanks to firmware FS0F, I will be purchasing the 411s. Have been using Ritek G04’s in an elderly Ricoh 4125 and will continue to use them in the 411s. Thanks for the post.:slight_smile:

Burned in LDW-411S at 4X FS0F:

Burned in Pioneer DVR-106D at 4X, fw107:

Who won the bragging rights you said? :wink:

Both is good here as well, but here the pioneer wins the bragging rights.:stuck_out_tongue:

LOL :stuck_out_tongue: …and the debate continues.

Yeah, but OC doesn’t have a REAL Pioneer, it’s a fake one. And, he beats his 411 drive.

LOL!
:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

OC-Freak…you say you burnt that disc with the FS0F firmware, but according to that program, it says your drive has the FS07 firmware???:confused:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Pioneer has higher PO rate than the 411, (20x as many!), so these alleged “bragging rights” are questionable.

Here is the sad K-probe for my last Ritek G04 with 411s (a true one), FS0F, and only burned at 2x for testing compatibility with home players, using Nero 6.0023.

It’s a far worse result than at 4x (why ?), but in the two cases I’m far from your results. The 2x works though in my home players, the 4x (with FS0F) did not.

Globally my K-Probe with some “good” media and FS0F seems pretty deceptive, except for Ricoh +RW (JPNW11).

Variable media, problem of drive, or other problem ?

I’m puzzling !

Originally posted by ddid

Globally my K-Probe with some “good” media and FS0F seems pretty deceptive, except for Ricoh +RW (JPNW11).
Variable media, problem of drive, or other problem ?
I’m puzzling !

Variable media most likely. It’s not impossible to see media burn better at higher speed, due to differences in laser calibration.

OC-Freak…you say you burnt that disc with the FS0F firmware, but according to that program, it says your drive has the FS07 firmware???

he probably flashed the drive and did not reboot… that what happens to most liteon cdrw or dvdrw drives when a reboot does not happen. The firmware at last reboot is reported!

…or maybe I have 2 drives :smiley: (yep I actually have 2)

Yes, most discs written by the LDW-411S have lower amount of PO errors than the same disc written in any of these drives: Pioneer DVR-106, Plextor PX-708A and LG GSA-4040B.

@OC-Freak

Pioneer DVR-107, it’s the burner that can handle both DVD+/-R at 8x (and DVD+/-RW at 4x speed), isn’t it ?

Where did you find one ? :rolleyes:

OOps, I messed up. It’s a DVR-106 with firmware 1.07

Too bad, hoped that I could see a LDW-811S vs Pioneer DVR-107 contest soon ! :bigsmile:

OC is cheating anyway, he used the firmware that he knew would give the results he wanted.
I demand a recount! :frowning:
Scan them again with FS0F!!

Here’s one from the same batch of G04 burned at 2x in the 411S.
Looks like 4x is the speed to use!

Burned at 2x in the Pioneer:

On request from rdgrimes, here is ritek G04 discs scanned with LDW-411S and firmware FS0F. Included some more tests just for fun. As always: scanned with 8 ECC and 4X CLV.

Ritek G04 written by LDW-411S FS0F at 4X:

Ritek G04 written by LG GSA-4040B A301 at 4X:

Ritek G04 written by Plextor PX-708A 1.03 at 4X:

Ritek G04 written by Pioneer DVR-106 1.07 at 4X disc1:

Ritek G04 written by Pioneer DVR-106 1.07 at 4X disc2:

All results is so good that they should not cause any trouble though…but the looser is :wink: