Ritek G03 Media @ 4x

Does anyone know if it is possible for disks with RitekG03 media descriptors to be either 1x discs or 4x discs? I bought some Ritek 4x disks from ALLMEDIAOUTLET and they arrived but this time had a logo on the front. (Other ritek discs from them read RitekG04 and burnt at 4x no problem no logo though). When I checked the media descriptor, it read Ritek G03 1x and sure enough my A05 would not burn them any higher than 1x. Tech support tells me G03 can be either 4x or 1x, but I cant figure out how the drive will figure out what write strategy to use if it sees the g03 descriptor?

Any ideas, (I think the guy is full of SH** but they wont let me return the discs) too bad the last batch of no logo discs were fine g04s

thanks

Domino11

Welcome to the forum, domino11 !
sorry to hear of your troubles, maybe someone here can assist. my only suggestion is to update your firmware.

RiTEK G03 is officially 1x-speed media, and therefore can only be recorded at 1x-speed on most drives. If you’re lucky enough, maybe you can get 2x out of them!!

Thanks for the welcome rdgrimes, actually I have been a long time lurker here to before the dvd days (I started burning back when 1x cdr was the only thing)!

Yes, I have the latest firmware for my A05 and that is not the problem, I was sure that RitekG03 were only 1x but the rep at ALLMEDIAOUTLET kept telling me they could be 1x or 4x. Dvdinfo tells the tale. They just wont take the dvds back without a large restocking charge. Dont buy from these people and expect good service, if your lucky you will get what you order, otherwise you will be stuck with whatever you get.

Has anyone tried the 2x hacked firmware that will give you 2x on the ritek G03s?

thanks all

Please post the mediacode in the following format:

00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 35 0E 0B .B…@…R…5…
FE FF 80 00 03 52 49 54 45 4B 47 00 04 30 34 00 …RITEKG…04.

In case there’s 50 in the first line (at the bold place) it’s 1-2x media, in case of 52 it’s 4x media.