Scan date: 2018

Writer: Pioneer BDR-209EBK
Media: RiDATA DVD-R branded; Made in Vietnam
MID: RITEKF1
Recording speed: 16x
Burn date: 2018

Ritek seems to have still better media than many ppl knows :slight_smile:

Such low PIF is very hard to get with actual MCC-media.

True! Plus I got special price in the store because of the Christmas holidays so it turned out that this was the cheapest Ritek batch I ever bought - 2x50 DVD for ~11 EUR, way cheaper than anything else on the market.

Few days ago I ordered 100x Verbatim DVD-R with MCC mid from www.cdrohlinge24.de for 10 EUR (some promotion). We’ll see what I’ll receive and how the results will look like :slight_smile:

I also saw this offer, but I don´t buy 16x MCC atm, because I have a big bunch of it and there is now the risk you get MBI-Mid :japanese_goblin:

I sometimes ordered also from cdr24.de, but the Mids are not up to date. I´ve odered some month ago Intenso +R Printable because the shop wrote it is from Optodisc, but it was from AML.

I wrote it to cdr24 on 22.6.17, they answer they will check it, but after all the time they haven´t correct it

http://www.cdrohlinge24.de/intenso-dvdr-voll-bedruckbar-stck-cakebox-p-7125.html

It´s not a bad shop, if you write in the remark-box they should only send you the item if it is Made in Taiwan or something, they take a look (if Made in … is written on the package) and contact you if it is false.

Nierle usually never answer if you contact them with a question like Mid, Made in …

Ritek is very hard to get here, only some Printable or the Quvido +R at Amazon.

Writer: Pioneer BDR-209EBK
Recording speed: 4x

Writer: Samsung SH-224FB
Recording speed: 4x

Writer: Samsung SH-224FB
Recording speed: 12x

All scans are nice, the Ritek-media seems have to be very stable in quality

They all came from the same 50 pcs. package.

Few days ago I was checking some scans from the early days of RITEKF1 production and it seems the quality is consistent since. When burned on very good drive (Plextor premium) with proper firmware support the scans look very similar if not identical to the scans I posted in the last few months. Compared to the TY or MCC from the time it looks like average quality, but compared to the most of today easily available media it looks like premium quality.

As said before RITEKF1 is underrated media, far better than its reputation.

Even with MCC-media I have some differences in one cakebox. TY-media is very hard to get these times, I´m not sure if the quality were so good these days if TY would still produce.

You will have a hard time if you try to burn RITEKF1 with a Plextor Premium :wink:

With all newer media I bought in the last years Ritek is the only manufacturer which had stable good results and lower PIF total than standard-MCC-media. The only better media I get was a 25pcs cakebox CMC AM3 Philips-branded, but dunno if the quality was so stable with next cakebox.

Dunno what happen now with MCC-quality, MBI seems to be out of business, so CMC and Falcon (DL) is left.

The good thing is, we can hope that MBI-coded media, also as Verbatim-branded will disappear in the next years

Finally got time to test the Verbatim I ordered from cdr24.de. They delivered two 50 pcs. spindles instead of one 100. The MID I’ve got is MCC (not MBI like the one I can buy locally). So far I burned only one disc and the results are somehow acceptable. I hope longevity wise I won’t have any problems.

These Made In Vietnam Riteks are nice discs with constant quality!

Lite-On iHBS212 HL05, 4,27 GB burned at 8x

sold as "Traxdata DVD-R 9,4GB 8x double sided"
MID: RITEKG05
made in Taiwan (in 7/2004)

Lite-On iHBS212 HL05, 4,14 GB burned at 6x

sold as "Traxdata DVD-R 9,4GB 8x double sided"
MID: RITEKG05
made in Taiwan (in 7/2004)

Did you burn both sides of the media?

Yes, I did. I used it for a backup of a rare pressed DVD10 from the late 1990s.

Nice, so you can use this special media right

SK 16x DVD-R / RITEKF1

Burned with BenQ DW1640 @4x

SK DVD-R BenQ 4x scan BenQ erw2

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N 1.05, 4,28 GB burned at 8x

sold as "Traxdata 16x Magic Silver DVD-R"
made in Taiwan