Software: ImgBurn
Burned recently

Writer: Samsung SH-224FB
Media: RiDATA DVD-R printable
MID: RITEKF1
Recording speed: 8x
Burn date: 2017
Scan date: 2017

*Tiny scratches on the recording surface caused by the paper sleeves in which they were stored prior to burning.

Writer: Pioneer BDR-209EBK
Media: RiDATA DVD-R printable

*Tiny scratches on the recording surface caused by the paper sleeves in which they were stored prior to burning.

Nice result with Pioneer, result with Samsung also good.

Writer: TSST-SN-208BB
Firmware: SN05
Media: Sony Accucore DVD-R x16 (50 shrink [Orange package] - Made in Taiwan)
MID: (RITEKF1)
Burn Speed: 3x
Software: Ultraiso (Less PI Failures after some tests…) (No “verify” option)
Burned recently

Writer: TSST-SN-208BB
Firmware: SB03
Media: Sony Accucore DVD-R x16 (50 shrink [Orange package] - Made in Taiwan)
MID: (RITEKF1)
Burn Speed: 4x
Software: BurnAware
Burned recently

Less PI Errors, finally…

Low PI for the F1

And the PIF are less tan with (most?) actual MCC-media

Less PIF after test alot burning software,s - BurnAware do the job.

Shouldn´t be depend on burn-software. Maybe some kind of OPC do some fine-adjust or this media?

Burning software can affect the burn quality only if the burner is not fully supported. For example Nero 8 doesn’t fully support newer Pioneer and LG drives - no matter how you set the burning speed it always ends up burning with the lowest setting possible - and lower speed usually doesn’t mean better results. On the other side Burnaware doesn’t support burners from the 2004/2005 era - it always defaults to 4x (I haven’t tried burning to see the outcome).

Except than that case, the burning process is completely independent from the burning software - once the software gives the instructions to the drive the process is fully dependent on the drive.

I’ve noticed that quality of the burn usually varies from disc to disc inside the same batch especially in shrink-warp packages. Usually first few discs at the top or bottom get tiny scratches from rubbing during transport and manifest as higher total number of PI errors.

Huh, I use Nero 7 if I burn DVD and CD with my newest BD-drives, works :). And I still can use DVD-Iso-format instead of UDF if I burn smaller files.

BD don´t works, I want to try that and get only 1x-speed, itß´s confusing because I´m sure 1x-speed isn´t supported by these drives.

Shrink I don´t have often, but I remember my Maxell shrinks were pressed hard, don´t think the media could rotate inside.

On some cakeboxes I had/have scratched media, mostly first and last media

Maybe my compatibility issues are isolated case - Nero 8 reports the correct supported writing speed for DVD and Blu-Ray but it doesn’t do as it says.

I’ve noticed that smaller shrink packages (10-25 pcs) are less prone to this issue. With larger packages (50-100) if you press the stack sideways you can feel that disc can move relative to each other with “crunchy” sound - those are not deep scratches but if you shine strong light to the disc you will see scratch pattern that looks like DVD-RAM. I’ve never seen such scratches in discs packed in jewel cases.

I know what you mean, dunno how it is with other shrinks but Maxell MiI have a thick plastic-something on top and bottom.

With Jewel/Slimcases those problems shouldn´t happen, thats true

Area selected with red rectangles will cause rise in PIE, the green rectangle will cause rise in PIF. Severe scratches like those in the green rarely happen. Scratches in the red rectangle always have the same pattern, parallel to the disc radius (or parallel to eachother), usually on one side/half of the disc, they start from the outer edge and stop at the middle of the disc. Disc is from Maxell/RITEKF1 shrink package of 25 pcs. This is the most severe case I’ve seen so far, 8 of the disc were affected (usually 1 or 2 disc show some kind of damage).

Looks awful, thought the discs can´t move much in those shrinks

My ritekf1s are from this Shrink pack… no problems here.

Letters from downside of the dvd disc:
DR5F6O-30556_________FS

Different softwares give me differents results, same as firmwares…

Writer: Pioneer BDR-209EBK
Media: RiDATA DVD-R printable; Made in Vietnam!

Never seen any disc from Vietnam.
Nice

It seems Ritek has factory in Vietnam for more than 10 years:

Writer: Samsung SH-224FB
Media: RiDATA DVD-R printable; Made in Vietnam
Recording speed: 4x