RiTEK DVD+R DL (RITEKD01)

I burnt a backup movie of Eragon on to three RiTEK DVD+R DL (RITEKD01) I only got one copy that was usable :frowning:
Both the two copies that was used in a standalone DVD player crashed during the layer shift in the movie, totally unreadable.
The PIF errors was awful when it got to the second layer in K-Probe.

What is causing this?
Never had this problem before, although I question the RiTEK quality since 5 discs of 25 was physically damaged.
I come from using Verbatim when I use single layer DVDs, which always have been flawless.
The burner is a Lite-ON SHM-165P6S (MS0P).

Should I blame the RiTEK discs for this catastrophe and buy 25 Verbatim discs instead?

In short: yes. :bigsmile:
A more balanced answer would be: most probably. :slight_smile:

When it comes to DL, Verbatim is the only “peace-of-mind” choice. And Ritek keeps on being the king of crapshoot. :rolleyes:

I have Sony and TDK brands RitekD01. It is OK when I burn it @2.4X. The burner is Plextor PA760A.

BTW, my first burn of Verbatim +R DL 8X (MKM 003) is score ZERO by CD/DVD Speed scan. But it is still playable in my standalone dvd player.
Here is the link of scan.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106955&stc=1

Verbatim +R DL is the only double layer media worth using at all. You could give me a spindle of RITEKD01 for free, and I’d throw them away.

:iagree:

Yep…and I dunno, Ritek DLs come in handy for test purposes, I have some here for that. I wouldn’t pay for them again though :disagree:

I definetly should have look for more info before buying those RidekD01 AAA disks :frowning:

I’ve buy 60 units and they’ll be shipped to me today or next week.

I’ve got a benq and a LG writer. Will I be ablo to write them with some of those 2 burners???

Given the price of the burners, i could buy a new one if there is someone able to write those RITEK-D01 disks…

Anyone can help me?

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2139140]I’ve got a benq and a LG writer. Will I be ablo to write them with some of those 2 burners???[/quote]You’ll increase your chances to get useful replies if you mention the models of these burners. :wink:

I’m not at home at the moment, but i’ll look at the models as soon as I’ll be there, hehe.

Everyways… is there any writer NOW (that can be bought now) able to write those shi… discs?

I could buy a new writer, it’s cheaper than the 60 discs I’ve bought :frowning:

You can get some good results on Ritek DVD+R DL these days using burners like Pioneer’s 112/212 and 215/215 series.

See here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f76/ritek-dvd-r-dl-101326/index3.html

Nothing beats Verbs though. Stay away from anything dual layer made in Hong Kong.

I really don’t understand those graphs xD

Have I any chances to write them on a LG writer?

I could use a LG GSA-H12N, what about this one?

Although I really have another LG, a newer one, a will post the model as soon as i’ll be able to

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2139173]I could use a LG GSA-H12N, what about this one?

Although I really have another LG, a newer one, a will post the model as soon as i’ll be able to[/QUOTE]

Scans for the LG GSA-H12N are here http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/h12n-18x-dvd-burner-lg-191401/

Seems to be a good burner for dual layer discs, on the CMC DL i saw the scan of anyway. LG burners are usually good quality and fast too.

Hello again!

Those are the exact models of the burners:

LG: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H50N
BENQ: BENQ DVD DD DW1640

I suppose the benq will not be capable of writing que RITEK-D01 media. What about que LG?

Thank you very much for the help

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2140426]Hello again!

I suppose the benq will not be capable of writing que RITEK-D01 media. What about que LG?

Thank you very much for the help[/QUOTE]

GSA-H50N - http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/LG-GSA-H50N-Super-Multi-DVD-Burner-Review/DVDR-DL-and-DVD-R-DL-writing-quality.html
Does a pretty good job on Verbatim and Ritek

The BenQ 1640 is one of the all time great burners but improvements have been made to dual layer burning since it was introduced.

[QUOTE=TassadarAMD;2140426]

I suppose the benq will not be capable of writing que RITEK-D01 media.[/QUOTE]

The BenQ DW1640 is very iffy with RITEK D01. First of all, you absolutely, positively, need to be using BSRB firmware to even attempt it. Second, you’re probably going to lose a lot of disks to coasters. I would NOT use the 1640 to burn D01.

[QUOTE=negritude;2140647]The BenQ DW1640 is very iffy with RITEK D01. First of all, you absolutely, positively, need to be using BSRB firmware to even attempt it. Second, you’re probably going to lose a lot of disks to coasters. I would NOT use the 1640 to burn D01.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

there is no problem, I can use the HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H50N :slight_smile:

What is the best recording speed for those discs? I really don’t mind if I’ve to wait for a slow recording, i want durability and best possible quality in the writing.

Will this one work ok?

The LG writer came with firmware 1.00, and I’ve upgrade to 1.02, althought I’ve still not attemp to write a dual layer disk.

Whose are the programs you use to verify the disk manufacturer (exaple RITEKD01) and quality tests?

I’ve never bother for those things, I’ve always simply buy and write verbatim media :stuck_out_tongue: