Ritek D01 - good discs?

vbimport

Yes I know, most people generally say they are crap media even if you get a good burn/scan, but I think all it takes is an exceptional burner to burn these things right.

General Information
Drive: ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P
Firmware: 9P59
Disc: DVD+R DL (RITEK D01)
Selected speed: 4 X
PI Errors
Maximum: 44
Average: 9.89
Total: 241252
PI failures
Maximum: 4
Average: 0.03
Total: 6676
PO failures: -
Jitter: -
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 20:00
Number of samples: 167159
Average scanning interval: 1.17 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

[QUOTE=tech128;2147710]Yes I know, most people generally say they are crap media even if you get a good burn/scan, but I think all it takes is an exceptional burner to burn these things right.[/QUOTE]

Not quite right. Even with a good DL burner (like a Pioneer) they’re still hit or miss. While some batches under A-grade brands like Traxdata can be good, B-grade batches under brands like Arita can still be crap.

Yours look very nice though.

They still skip in my fussy player regardless of how nice the scan looks (<3000 total PIF, Max PIF <4). Though they are a little more reliable than CMC MAG D02 in my experience.

Agree with Womi. I had a couple of box’s of these(Emtec brand) that were all but useless. I have also heard that RITEK D01 sold under Memorex are also pretty bad. When it comes to DL I would stick with the Verbs.

[QUOTE=Rafterman;2158239]Agree with Womi. I had a couple of box’s of these(Emtec brand) that were all but useless. I have also heard that RITEK D01 sold under Memorex are also pretty bad. When it comes to DL I would stick with the Verbs.[/QUOTE]

I agree under Memorex Ritek D01 ( waste time and money )
But here is my SONY Ritek D01 is little different
[B]Burn 2.4X with PIO 115D v1.18 / Nero Ultra 8 Data Disc[/B]
( My best burn RITEK D01 ) :slight_smile:

and here another scan
Memowrecks DVD+R DL RITEK D01
[B]Burn 2.4X with PIO 115D v1.18 / Nero Ultra 8 Data Disc[/B]
what a great name :bow: Memowrecks :bigsmile: