Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots

Hi,
Wondering if anyone knew what protection this game has, its not out in the UK yet, but in the US it is.

Thanks

This uses smarte, or aray reported it as smarte. So why the 00001.tmp and 00002.tmp, does smarte work smilar to safedisc or is aray reporting incorrectly?

Ok,
So is the protection ‘Smarte’ actually smart or not?
Can it be copied?

easy there dr evil …yes it uses uncorrectable errors but no weak sectors

i think use safedisk 2/3 profile will be ok

I had a look on alcohol 120% it didnt have a profile for it. What program shall i use or what boxses shall i tick?

thanks

If you ahve a 2 sheep burner then use the safedisc profile, toherwise use the safedisc 2/3 one

LG GCC 4480b, is that a sheep two burner?
Ive got a pretty good feeling it is.

When clonyXXL didn’t find a protection, I just went ahead aburned it without a profile. I installed from the burned copy and had no problems playing the game.

I used an LTR-52327S.

I would try the default game profile first in CCD.

Originally posted by gdecat
[B]When clonyXXL didn’t find a protection, I just went ahead aburned it without a profile. I installed from the burned copy and had no problems playing the game.

I used an LTR-52327S. [/B]

ClonyXXL has not been updated in quite a while, so it might not detect some things. Also a good tip for anyone is that some scanners seem to miss protection and some scanners pick it up. ALWAYS scan with at least 2 different scanners.

For a good scanner, get A-Ray Scanner.

Good Luck!

Ive made a copy, its dead easy!
Smarte?More like SafeDisc 0.1!

I got it today. I nearly fell of my chair. It bases it’s whole protection on 9 bad sectors. 9. Or that’s what it is on Thrones and Patriots. You don’t even need to have a 2 sheep burner.

AFAIK the protection is designed to allow a faulty copy to play but “freeze” the program at some point.

Cheers

Hmm…

Your sources?

Check www.smartesolutions.com
What KitnaIsntHappy said, is mentioned there somewhere (i’ve read this too a while ago), but i can’t immediately find where exactly :slight_smile:

Only if you haven’t burnt the bad sectors properly. I have finished the game and all of it’s shinanigans:D. Not once did it freeze.

Microsoft Selects Smarte Solutions
“Microsoft believes that protecting the integrity of its intellectual property is not only key to protecting its revenues, but also key to protecting the relationship Microsoft has with its valued customers. The interoperability of SmarteSECURE and SmarteMASTER brings a fresh, efficient, and flexible approach to the business issues surrounding the production of protected software products. I am excited about the opportunities to lower implementation costs and reduce the possibility of error during the release process.”

“On behalf of Microsoft Game Studios, I wish to welcome Smarte as an official partner of our group. We look forward to a successful relationship.”

Oh well, better luck next time Micro$oft:)

I read it on cdmediaworld.
Also merther02 00001.tmp and 00002.tmp are not SafeDisc files. SafeDisc uses 00000001.tmp and 00000002.tmp

Cheers

Yeah at a first glance it fooled me.