Rise of Nations/Clone CD

vbimport

Greetings,

I am trying to back up Rise of Nations with Clone CD 5.2.6.1 and the CD Burner is: LITE-ON SOHW-1693S. The burner has the most up to date firmware.

After I do the burn it asks me to: Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application.

If anyone happens to have any information on why this isn’t working for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked around and I do have the clone CD tray up, if there really is some kind of emulation involved with it. (I also used the newest version of Blindwrite and it did the same thing.)

Thank you for your time,
Zorg

I did notice that RoN is done with Safedisc 2.70, shouldn’t Clone CD 5.2.6.1 do this? I also used Blindwrite so I think it should work as well. Has anyone else had this issue? Or do I need some kind of emulator?

This is just happening with your backup or also with your original, did you patch the game after install, which settings did you use for backup using CloneCD and Blindwrite?

p.s. Scan your installation directory with aray www.aray-software.com scanner and post your result here.

Here are the scans, yes its happening with only the backup. The original works fine.

Original CD Scan:
[10:22:06 AM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2.70
[10:22:08 AM] SafeDisc 2.70.030 detected -> E:\NATIONS.EXE
[10:22:18 AM] — File(s) Scan Finished [11.74s] —

Backup CD Scan:
[10:20:55 AM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2.70
[10:21:01 AM] SafeDisc 2.70.030 detected -> E:\NATIONS.EXE
[10:21:12 AM] — File(s) Scan Finished [15.80s] —

“Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application”
Thats the error when I try to use the backup.

CloneCD when I copy I use the protected copy and write. Blindwrite I used the defaults.

The backup seems like its going to play, then just gives that error.
Thanks for any help,
Zorg

As I asked before did you patch the game after install to a higher version?
If yes also scan the install directory and post your result…
Anyway this guide for CCD http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=140075 hopefully solves your problem if not post again. Good luck.

Thank you the thing I missed was the emulation. Hide CDR Media wasn’t checked under the Clone CD tray menu.

Thanks again,
Zorg

Hello all…I have a cracked Rise of Nations CD, it is Rise of Nations Version 01.13.04.1801 but I want to play with other users and to do this it ask me to upload the game with Patch 4 but as soon as I patch the game it ask me for the correct CD?? is there any place to get a No-CD crack for Patch 4 for Rise of Nations??

The Patch 4 uploads Rise of Nations to Version 02.04.04.2903

Thanks…