Ripping with XJ-HD166S

Hello…

Any one had any problem ripping DVDs with DVDXCopy and the XJ-HD166S. I am getting read errors on all the DVDs. This is a brand new drive.

I think it’s your DVD pirating software that’s causing the problem, not 166S.:Z

Try pirating on another DVD-ROM.

Originally posted by Stoner
[B]I think it’s your DVD pirating software that’s causing the problem, not 166S.:Z

Try pirating on another DVD-ROM. [/B]

:smiley: LOL :smiley:

:cop: :cop: :cop:

Some people may pirate DVDs with that software but other people (like myself) would like to Backup the DVD titles they do own (at a significant expense) under fair use. You shouldn’t always assume someone is trying to get something for free…
I use DVDR for lots of backups… I have all of my audio CDs backed up as WAV files on DVDRs, etc.

My apologies then. Well, if you want to backup your DVD for cheap yet maintaining good quality, you can always convert your DVD to DivX, then using your PC as the server, stream the movies to your TV using a PS2 and QCast.

I’ve tried the divx thing and its good for watching on the computer but I’d rather watch it on my TV in my living room. But the DVD backup is great for backing up my audio CDs as wav format. Then I can store the DVDRs in two places and never worry about losing a CD again.

I did get the DVD-ROM working… rips pretty fast and not bad for $33 US.