Ripping tv series disc

Hi all.

I have a few tv series dvd’s of mine.

I want to rip them to my pc hard drive, and then put them on a usb. I then want to transfer them to my playstation 3 to be able to play.

Each disc has 4 episodes on it, and I’d like to be able to keep those episodes split up when I rip it. I dont want any of those vts_01 and all that, if possible.

Is their a program that rips the disc to the hard drive and splits up each episode, for example:
Episode 1 700mb
Episode 2 700mb
Episode 3 700mb
Episode 4 700mb.

Im not sure if this can be done, but I hope so.

thankyou all.

If you use DVDFab you can split the episodes up

http://club.myce.com/f116/

Check it out it does have a free trial period

Hi thanks very much for your post. I actually have a paid subscription to dvd fab.
but am unsure how to seperate the episodes, it was the first thing I tried. It splits the files up into 0.99 gb each.

[QUOTE=pearce;2547630]… I dont want any of those vts_01 and all that, if possible.
[/QUOTE]

What format do you want? Mp4, Avi, Mpeg, etc?

Once all files are saved on HDD, I suggest to use AutoGK to convert them in 700MB avi files.

You only need to load each episode on AutoGK, then it will make all the work :slight_smile:

Usually, each episode is stored in a separate VOB set, so you should load the corresponding IFO file in AutoGK.

For example, the original DVD contains the following list of files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO

VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB

VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_0.VOB
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB
VTS_02_3.VOB

VTS_03_0.BUP
VTS_03_0.IFO
VTS_03_0.VOB
VTS_03_1.VOB

VTS_04_0.BUP
VTS_04_0.IFO
VTS_04_0.VOB
VTS_04_1.VOB

VTS_05_0.BUP
VTS_05_0.IFO
VTS_05_0.VOB
VTS_05_1.VOB

etc

Each VTS set correspond to an episode, so is pretty easy to distinguish between them. In this example, files to be loaded in autoGK are:
VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_02_0.IFO

VTS_03_0.IFO

VTS_04_0.IFO

VTS_05_0.IFO

[QUOTE=pearce;2547641]Hi thanks very much for your post. I actually have a paid subscription to dvd fab.
but am unsure how to seperate the episodes, it was the first thing I tried. It splits the files up into 0.99 gb each.[/QUOTE]

If you need help with your project using DVDFab we do have a DVDFab forum here at MyCE http://club.myce.com/f116/

BTW I have tons of TV series myself :bigsmile: