Ripping to WMV / 3.0.1.5 BETA comments

First, I think v3 is a great improvement, and just upgraded from Gold to Platinum. Great job! I’m now running the 3.0.1.5 beta.

I apologize in advance if these topics have already been convered.

First, I had the impression that DVDFab could rip to Windows Media 9, but can’t seem to figure out how to do that. I just see XVID, MPEG-4, and AAC. I’d like to stream TV series DVDs to my XBOX360 so I can watch episodes at will without digging out and loading the DVDs, but Windows Media Extender will only stream Windows media files. And while Videora will convert MPEG4 to Windows Media, that’s an extra step I was hoping to avoid. Am I just not seeing the option or do I need to install a codec? Videora works fine so I have whatever it takes to make a WMV file.

I also purchased DIVX but don’t see that in the options.

Also, it would be nice if it were possible to select more than one title at a time before kicking off the DVD to Mobile process. Just auto-generate the name – I can change it later.

Also, please please make it possible to just type a pathname into the Source and Target boxes, like in v2.9. I despise having to browse for a folder . I know where I want the files put, and it’s a short path – I’d much rather type it than wait for the stupid browse dialog to touch every one of my external drives.

Also, when ripping to a hard drive, it would be nice if the DVD5/DVD9 dropdown at the bottom would default to DVD9. I don’t want it compressed and have caught this dropdown in the wrong position several times.

Thanks!

hi,

Thank for you use DVDFab first.

First, I had the impression that DVDFab could rip to Windows Media 9, but can’t seem to figure out how to do that. I just see XVID, MPEG-4, and AAC. I’d like to stream TV series DVDs to my XBOX360 so I can watch episodes at will without digging out and loading the DVDs, but Windows Media Extender will only stream Windows media files. And while Videora will convert MPEG4 to Windows Media, that’s an extra step I was hoping to avoid. Am I just not seeing the option or do I need to install a codec? Videora works fine so I have whatever it takes to make a WMV file.

I also purchased DIVX but don’t see that in the options.

We have not support WMV and DIVX now, but we do have plan to support in the future.

Also, it would be nice if it were possible to select more than one title at a time before kicking off the DVD to Mobile process. Just auto-generate the name – I can change it later.

We do think about it, our engine support batch processing, but we need some time to do some work in UI.

Also, please please make it possible to just type a pathname into the Source and Target boxes, like in v2.9. I despise having to browse for a folder . I know where I want the files put, and it’s a short path – I’d much rather type it than wait for the stupid browse dialog to touch every one of my external drives.

You can direct paste your pathname into the Edit control in the bottom of folder browse dialog, and not need to select a path from browse dialog.

Also, when ripping to a hard drive, it would be nice if the DVD5/DVD9 dropdown at the bottom would default to DVD9. I don’t want it compressed and have caught this dropdown in the wrong position several times.

We will rembember your selection of DVD Disc type in next version.

Thanks.

Hi, Ting:

Thank you for replying.

Regarding the pathname and the browse dialog, the problem I have is that just clicking “Browse” causes Windows to resolve “My Computer” in the shell tree control. That causes it to touch each drive, and on my system, that can take 5-7 seconds (I have external drives I use for backup that spin down). I realize this is really a Windows problem (same thing happens in all applications that display this kind of dialog, or even the File Open/Save dialog) but I was able to avoid it in v2.9 by just typing in the filename.

I look forward to the WMV support. Thanks again for a great product!

What is the status of WMV? Any chance this will make the next release?

Best,
Christopher

Hi,

I’m not a customer yet but AS SOON as you add WMV support I will be! Oh… make sure to add options for WMV VC1, HD resolutions and 5.1/7.1 sound as well! I bet I know at least 10 people who would instantly buy the product if that happens!

/S

hi,

What is the status of WMV? Any chance this will make the next release?

We are working at it, but there are not accurate time to add it, please patient.

I’m not a customer yet but AS SOON as you add WMV support I will be! Oh… make sure to add options for WMV VC1, HD resolutions and 5.1/7.1 sound as well! I bet I know at least 10 people who would instantly buy the product if that happens!

Thanks for your suggestion, We will add it to our plan, and We hope you will be our customer at last. :slight_smile: