Ripping movies from Hitachi DVDcamcorder DVDs

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem I am having.

I have an Hitachi MV550A (mistake to have bought), a digital camcorder that records to DVD. In hindsight, bad purchase, but here I am, and I need to figure this out. When I record movies, whether on a DVD-R or DVD-Ram, it will not recognize them in my DVD drive. It is a brand new computer, and has never had an issue recognizing any media, so I don’t think there is a hardware issue.

I downloaded 1click, AnyDVD and Amigo, but neither helped retrieve the files, nor did the OEM Hitachi software, which only gives me an “incorrect format, please inset blablabla” error message. The movies play back fine on the camcorder, but I can’t pull them off the CD, either through the USB–>Camera cable, or pulling the disc out of the camcorder and putting it in the DVD drive directly on the PC.

Any ideas on what I can do to get to the files? It is for a class project due tomorrow, of course, so any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

FYI, it says (on my PC) that the DVD-R media is “blank,” even though it plays on the camcorder.