Ripping dvd'a

I have been ripping several dvd’s to my computer successfully. For some reason yesterday when I started I kept getting a message that says to select valid ifo or iso file or it tapes part of the movie. Any suggestions

“it tapes part of the movie” ???

What program are you using to decrypt and rip the dvds to the computer?

I am using dvdfab5 for my dvd movies and danuisoft for dvd’s that i made myself from vhs movies. dvdfab5 won’t rip my dvd’s that i put movies on.
danuisoft worked for several of my movies until I started having security problems. I had to buy a video stabilizer so I could record my vhs’s onto a dvd-rw. It was working fine now for about 100 movies and then yesterday I started getting a message to use valid ifo’s or iso files. And now when the movies do rip it doesn’t put them into one continuous movie but several sections of the movie. I did not have this problem before

[QUOTE=stew1949;2211155]I am using dvdfab5 for my dvd movies and danuisoft for dvd’s that i made myself from vhs movies. dvdfab5 won’t rip my dvd’s that i put movies on.
danuisoft worked for several of my movies until I started having security problems. I had to buy a video stabilizer so I could record my vhs’s onto a dvd-rw. It was working fine now for about 100 movies and then yesterday I started getting a message to use valid ifo’s or iso files. And now when the movies do rip it doesn’t put them into one continuous movie but several sections of the movie. I did not have this problem before[/QUOTE]

Can you be more exact as to what version of DVDfab5 your using?? Also you shouldn’t use RW media are not good for backing up movies or DVD from DVD. What software are you using for the VHS to DVD conversion would be helpful?? That part about 100 movies is those VHS or DVD wasn’t clear??? Are you hooking it to your computer and burning to a DVD burner? It’s unclear how you did your hardware setup???

Thanks for the reply. Most of this stuff is greek to me so I will try to explain. I am using dvdfab5 gold 5.2.2.2. The reason I am using dvd-rw is that I am not backing up my movies to dvd only using them to rip them to my computer. I am putting all my 1400 vhs on my computer so as to get rid of the vhs’s. I bought the hardware so that I can watch movies from my computer to my tv. My hard drive will hold 1600 or more movies. I have gotten roughly 250 ripped so far, for about 260 gigs. I have a vhs to dvd recorder so i record a vhs to dvd-rw and then rip it to my computer. dvdfab5 won’t rip my dvd-rw’s so the software I am using is danuisoft dvd ripper. It was working perfectly until yesterday when out of the blue I got a message that said use a valid iso or ifo file. I have tried recording 5 more movies but they all say the same thing. Now when I do get one to rip it only rips part of the movie. When I would rip them before a box would drop down and I could chose the files to rip which would rip the entire movie and now that box drops down now and it only has one choice and it only burns parat of the movie.
The 100 movies were vhs that were recorded to dvd. I also had to get a video stabilizer to get rid of the security codes etc so I could record from vhs to dvd. If you need more input let me know

Is there any particular reason you have to use a ripper in this case? They shouldn’t be encrypted at this point. You should be able to look at the contents of the disk in My Computer and copy and paste the Video_TS folder to the hard drive.

Unless I’m missing something? I don’t use a dvd recorder so my knowledge on them is sketchy at best.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the danuisoft program, just to see if that helps the situation?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software with no success, I also copied and pasted the ts folder to hard drive and windows media player would not play it. I could play it on another player but it would only play one segment of the movie-when it was done you had to go in and bring up the other segment and play it.