Ripping DVD

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I would be very grateful for your help.
I have a lot of DVDs of weddings,parties of friends and relatives and my kids school concerts.I have now learned more about DVD authoring and editing from programmes like Cyberlink, Ulead, Pinnacle etc…and I would like to reedit those videos with one of those programmes I mentioned.Could you tell me which DVD ripper is best at ripping a DVD without it losing quality or is there any method I can use after ripping so that when I have finished editing i can put it back on dvd without any quality lost.
Thanking you in anticipation :iagree:

Historically I have used DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

DVD Shrink has been particularly helpful to me when I want to compress large two layer movies into a single layer disk. The quality it produces after deep analysis seems very good indeed.

However, if you wish to do extensive editing, joining, etc. that may not be very helpful.

Once I get a video ripped, I can often use Ulead products (Video Studio and Movie Factory) to get the job done. I edit clips in Video Studio, export as a DVD compliant MPEG-2 file and then use DVD MovieFactory to create menus, insert chapters, etc.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

Hello
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Your information helped, I did as you said and then edit it in Ulead video studio, and it worked fine.
Thany you again for your help

Cool beans! I’m glad it helped, and you are quite welcome. :slight_smile:

You can also use the guide in the following link:

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/23/59/