Ripping (copying) DVD to Hard Disk with AnyDVD-Just drag and drop?

If I wanted to copy a DVD to my HD, and I already have AnyDVD2 already installed and running on my PC, can I just drag and drop the entire DVD to a empty sub-directory?

Reason for asking?

I want to use Nero Recode 2 / DVD-RB /CloneDVD2, and have “assumed” from reading many many threads, that the process (no matter what software you use) is faster and/or more reliable if the soruce material is on your HD vs the original DVD.

Thanks

if you have anydvd i would use the anydvd ripper (right click on the fox>rip video dvd to hard drive).

not only does this get the disc onto your hard drive, it also fixes mastering errors in the process.

I did not know that option was there, thanks!

little pointless if there are no mastering errors, that’s going to slow the rip down a lot.

i’d say just stick with drag’n’drop of the VIDEO_TS directory.

Typically, I just create an .iso image using DVD Decrypter and mount the image using Virtual Clone Drive. This has worked great and it is fast.

Does it? I don’t feel any difference in speed Drag’n’Drop vs. AnyDVD ripper. (I say “feel” because I haven’t timed it)

i haven’t noticed any difference either Tru. and I prefer the anydvd ripper over drag and drop because IF there are mastering errors, you’ve wasted the time dragging and dropping when you have to re-rip again with the ripper…

then again i use clonedvd to do the ripping/transcoding all in one normally unless there’s a disc i want to specifically process with dvd shrink. then i make it a point ot use anydvd ripper first.

Hello @reasonsnotrules,

I am new to the forum. Like other T-25 buyers, I want to rip the DVDs to my media PC. You instructions were great and saved me lots of time ;-). The problem is when I rip the DVD and attempt to play the video, it won’t play. Is there something I’m missing here is what I’ve done:

I’m running Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 with 8gb RAM

1. Insert the DVD in to the DVD player on my PC
  2. Launch AnyDVD to remove the DRM software
  3. Launch AnyDVD Ripper and copy to a T-25 directory in my Video directory

I was able to successfully play a file using WMP but not with Media Center. I typically play my workout videos using Media Center and use WMP to play my own music. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

FastGaitGirl

Reasonsnotrules hasn’t been active on the forums for many years, much to our sorrow. She was entertaining and very much appreciated here.

I’m not sure why Windows Media Center is not playing the ripped DVD for you. Windows 7 Ultimate includes the ability to play back DVD-video natively.

Have you tried an alternative media player like VLC? It is free to download and use.
http://www.videolan.org/

[QUOTE=FastGait;2719944]Hello @reasonsnotrules,

I am new to the forum. Like other T-25 buyers, I want to rip the DVDs to my media PC. You instructions were great and saved me lots of time ;-). The problem is when I rip the DVD and attempt to play the video, it won’t play. Is there something I’m missing here is what I’ve done:

I’m running Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 with 8gb RAM

1. Insert the DVD in to the DVD player on my PC
  2. Launch AnyDVD to remove the DRM software
  3. Launch AnyDVD Ripper and copy to a T-25 directory in my Video directory

I was able to successfully play a file using WMP but not with Media Center. I typically play my workout videos using Media Center and use WMP to play my own music. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

FastGaitGirl[/QUOTE]

Did you use the “Rip video to harddisk” option or “Rip to image” when you used AnyDVD?