Ripping CD's to MP3's

i plan on buying an MP3-CD Player, thought im still deciding which
(see: http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38423 ) but i was wondering if anyone could recommend a really good free cd ripping program. i just need a simple one that will allow me to make at least 192kbps files.

thanks for your help.

WinAmp

Or use any audio ripping tool to rip the audio to WAV and use LAME (free and the best MP3 encoder around) to convert them to MP3. LAME also supports VBR MP3.

For downloads check www.doom9.net (Downloads, Audio Tools). Also download RazorLame or a different GUI to use with LAME.

try if CDEX works for u , always has the latest lame encoder , and is free an fast
http://www.cdex.n3.net
:smiley:

Yet another good one is AudioCrusher…its of course free and has links on their site and excellent instructions on getting the necessary mp3-encoding software…(like LameEnc)…

best of luck to you!

peace to u all an hav a f***n good new year eve

[QUOTE=frailimbnursry;208311]i was wondering if anyone could recommend a really good free cd ripping program. i just need a simple one that will allow me to make at least 192kbps files.[/QUOTE]

Exact Audio Copy is the program you want. Check out the walk-through guide for setting it up at uberstandard.org

i recommend EAC (Exact Audio Copy) + LAME as this will allow you to rip your cd’s to mp3 with the good quality 192kbps VBR mp3 files. (the ones that vary from around 128kbps-320kbps (in my own experience the average bit rate using that method is pretty much between 192kbps-224kbps) … i.e. the best kind with a reasonable file size :wink: )

as far as ‘easy to use’ i would say it’s easy to use once you setup the basic lame encoder with EAC… and also this is generally considered one of the best apps out there for audio quality etc etc.

Windows media player 11.

:eek: A thread [B]re-opened after 7 years[/B]
now I have seen everything :doh:

G@M3FR3@K
Will LAME convert FLAC FILES
ZAP.

[quote=StormJumper;2119910]:eek: A thread [B]re-opened after 7 years[/B]
now I have seen everything :doh:[/quote]
At least the advice is still good…:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2119930]At least the advice is still good…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Tis true my friend