Ripping audio image file with EAC using Daemon Tools

Ok, this is kind of a weird question but I will ask it nevertheless. My friend just gave me an album that is an audio image file but the problem is I don’t have any blank media and I don’t have any access to blank media. So I was wondering… If I rip the album by first using daemon tools to mount the cd image then rip the album using EAC will it give me an accurate rip? thanks

Providing that the image file is legal (i.e. not of a copyright protected disc ;)), there is no need to rip the disc.

Mounting the image, the computer will see the image itself as a CD disc, so you can play the disc from the HDD directly.

[QUOTE=geno888;2016580]Providing that the image file is legal (i.e. not of a copyright protected disc ;)), there is no need to rip the disc.

Mounting the image, the computer will see the image itself as a CD disc, so you can play the disc from the HDD directly.[/QUOTE]

Well I could do that but I’d prefer to put all of the songs on my computer since that is the place where I store all the backups of CD’s that I own…

All I really need to know is

1. If the album was made into an image file properly and if I rip it by mounting the image with daemon tools and ripping it, will it rip properly?

What type of file did he give you? You mention it is a ‘cd image’ but what is it? If you mount the image, what file types show up on that volume/drive?

[QUOTE=RichMan;2016778]What type of file did he give you? You mention it is a ‘cd image’ but what is it? If you mount the image, what file types show up on that volume/drive?[/QUOTE]

The files show up as they would if you put a normal CD into your computer. The songs have the .CDA file extension.

I don’t have the Daemon tools but I have mounted an image with NeroImageDrive and it does work :D.

Ok I ripped the CD and wow, that was one of the weirdest things I have ever done before. The ripping only took about a minute but the music seems to be alright. Only thing is I don’t know if it detected the gaps correctly when I ripped the album.

Now you can officially call me the invisible CD ripper… You can’t say it was pirated if there is no physical evidence! Haha…