Ripping and burning a homemade dvd

Hi,

I’m not very proficient in computer lingo, but, with simple instructions, can usually navigate to get a good end result! OK, I have this simple DVD that I created using Pinnacle Studio 11 last year for my daughter’s school, and stupidly, removed the file (didn’t figure I needed to make any more copies - needed to free up space), now someone from the school has requested a copy! So, I tried to use Window’s Media Player, added it to the burn list, but it would not - said the file was too big. Doesn’t seem to be able to shrink it to fit - don’t know why. What can I do - I don’t really feel like purchasing software that I may or may not use again. I have AnyVideo Converter, but that doesn’t seem to be the answer - Argh!! Maybe I’m just stupid!?? Any suggestions or guidelines would be greatly appreciated. I even took the dumb thing to Staples and Kinkos and Office Depot - no one could help! Thanks alot!

Just use Imgburn to make copies. It is free and will work great.
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Thank you so much - this is just the kind of advice I need!! You are a lifesaver!

last year for my daughter’s school, and stupidly, removed the file (didn’t figure I needed to make any more copies - needed to free up space), now someone from the school has requested a copy!

Precisely why I purchased an external HDD…Besides burning my home videos on disc(s), I[I] always[/I] copy/save the files and store them on a secondary internal HDD and external HDD…And I keep a copy of my music collection on external HDD, as well…
Perhaps while using Imgburn, you should start archiving by making an ISO of your file and consider storing your file(s) on HDD…
JM2cents is all…

Thanks again for your help (and suggestions) - I was able to do the whole thing in just a matter of minutes - what a big help you were!

Your welcome, come back anytime, lots of good people and stuff here.