Ripper that allows for luminance/chrominance adjustments?

Hi. I have been looking around for a DVD ripper that will allow me to preview the signal and make adjustments to the luminance and chrominance levels before I rip it to either MPEG1 or MPEG2. That way if the original video on the DVD is too dark or the colors are off I can make adjustments that will be reflected on the ripped file.

The DVDs that I need to rip are footage that I recorded from a camera directly to a Sony VRD-MC5 DVD burner. Looking around I haven’t been able to find a ripper that allows for adjustments to the luminance and chrominance levels. MPEG Video Wizard DVD from Womble allows for these adjustments but requires dragging the VOB files off the DVD onto the hard drive and into a timeline in order adjust the luminance and chrominance levels. This method is too time consuming for my needs.

If anyone is aware of a ripper that allows for these adjustments please let me know. Thanks!

but requires dragging the VOB files off the DVD onto the hard drive

That’s basically what ripping is. The transferring of files, usually from optical media, to your hard drive.

Why do people use special software if all you have to do is drag the files off the DVD?

Most ripping programs for dvd video were made to break encryption placed on them by the movie studios. Your home movies do not require such a program.

But I am not aware of a ripping program that does what you want.

No ripper will, to adjust the luminance/chrominance the video will need to be re-encoded. I pretty sure that’s what Video Wizard will do, CCE with the use of an avs script with the correct command lines will be able to re-encode the video with new luminance/chrominance settings, I believe Tmpgenc will be able to.

Which ever method you choose I am pretty sure there’s no quick way to do it.

Check over on www.doom9.org forum, all video related stuff can be found there.

Thank you. I didn’t think there was such an application but there are so many programs out there nowadays that I wasn’t entirely sure. Thanks again for your replies.