Ripped main

vbimport

Hi all!

I got DVD files, that I ripped to the HD with DVD Decrypter.
Due to the fact, that I only did DivX before, I only ripped the main movie. I now would like to burn the files to a DVD-R, so that I can watch it on a standalone DVD-Player.

I tried Clone DVD, but I only ripped the main movie.
I only got the VTS_01 - Stream Information.txt
the VTS_01_0.IFO and the VOB’s of the main movie and after reading the forum I now know, that Clone DVD needs all the other .ifo files.

Now my questions:

1. Why does Clone DVD need all the .ifo files, when I only want to burn the main movie?
  2. Is there any other way (like using IfoEdit or using another Program) to burn the movie on a DVD-R in a standalone Player compatible way?

The DVD I ripped was longer than 4.7 GB, so I can’t just burn it with Nero.

Thanks in advance,
Chrisse

The solution is to just re-rip with CloneDVD or DVD Decrypter, eh?

Originally posted by FutureProof
The solution is to just re-rip with CloneDVD or DVD Decrypter, eh?

Not if you got the files only on your harddrive and the DVD is out of print.
The question was:
“Is there a way to burn a ripped movie, that only has 1 .ifo file, so that it can be played on a regular standalone DVD-Player?”

Thanks,
Chrisse

Delete the IFO file (or rename it might be better) and use IFOEdit to generate new IFO files for the VOB files you have. Then proceed with CloneDVD. IFOEdit has Tutes on its homepage as how to gen new IFO’s.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Delete the IFO file (or rename it might be better) and use IFOEdit to generate new IFO files for the VOB files you have. Then proceed with CloneDVD. IFOEdit has Tutes on its homepage as how to gen new IFO’s.

Gee … thanks a lot!

Regards,
Chrisse