Ripped Bluray iso - cannot see on LCD TV

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung LN46A530 - 46" LCD TV. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi from a noob. I’ve been using AnyDVD and Clonedvd2 for many a year and have been very satisfied with Slysoft products.
Got myself a Dell XPS 1530 with Bluray drive so thought I’d make a few Bluray iso’s with Imgburn and store them on HDD to play on my Samsung LCD TV. I have used Imgburn with AnyDVD disabled to make iso’s which play well on the pc, but I couldn’t get them to show when I hooked up the laptop to the LCD via HDMI - I could see the windows desktop and hear the film but the player window was blank.
So I used HD Anydvd to rip the movies to HD then Imgburn to make an iso and then tried to play them on the LCD - same result no movie visible.
I’ve seen guys on Youtube playing HD movies via HDMI so where am I going wrong? Any help would be appreciated thanks.:slight_smile:

I don’t use anydvd HD, but you should have a bunch of m2ts files after ripping to HDD right?
How did you compile all to make an iso? try playing one m2ts file…
I’m not sure an iso is needed…
And BTW,what SW media player are you using? Try VLC

What are you using to mount the ISO?

What is the laptop system specs I bet it isn’t par to what’s needed.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2105866]I don’t use anydvd HD, but you should have a bunch of m2ts files after ripping to HDD right?
How did you compile all to make an iso? try playing one m2ts file…
I’m not sure an iso is needed…
And BTW,what SW media player are you using? Try VLC[/QUOTE]

Hi t0nee1 I tried to play the first m2ts file and get it to show up on the TV and it worked! Thank you muchly.
I’m using TotalMedia Theatre to play it as the Dell Media Direct bundled with the laptop is a bit of a joke. Is there a better option?
I used Imgburn to make an iso from the original bluray disc using the “Create image from disc” option.
Thanks again for your help!:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2105880]What are you using to mount the ISO?

What is the laptop system specs I bet it isn’t par to what’s needed.[/QUOTE]

Hi Dr Who, I used Virtual Clonedrive to mount the ISO.
THe laptop is a new Dell 1530 with T9300 @2.5Ghz 3G 667MHz SDRAM
256 MB NVidia GeForce 8600M GT Matshita BD-RE Bluray burner, so on paper it’s no slouch!
Thanks for your help:)

Try playing with VLC…
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Ah ha! Cracked it at long last!
For the life of me I still couldn’t play Blu Ray ISO movies via HDMI on my LCD but tonight I read that I had to press Fn and F8 to switch the HDMI output from the laptop to the LCD and it worked!
What a relief I thought I’d backed up to all those ISO’s in error.
By the way I disabled AnyDVD HD while ripping with ImgBurn, has anyone had any success ripping to ISO with the new AnyDVD HD
Cheers,
David.

i make the blu-ray iso file with burnaware free or avs disc creator so how can i play these files already thanks for an possible answer hear from you soon

@patrickly
If your blu ray movies are commercially made ones, you will have to break encryption on them with AnyDVD HD. It is the only decryption program available that can handle them at the moment.

Rip as an ISO with AnyDVD HD’s built-in ripper. Mount it in Slysoft’s free virtual drive program called Virtual CloneDrive.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2217945]@patrickly
If your blu ray movies are commercially made ones, you will have to break encryption on them with AnyDVD HD. It is the only decryption program available that can handle them at the moment.

Rip as an ISO with AnyDVD HD’s built-in ripper. Mount it in Slysoft’s free virtual drive program called Virtual CloneDrive.[/QUOTE]

Hi Kerry

If you read patrickly post again you’ll notice patrickly asked “so how can i [B]play[/B] these files” not how to rip them, or did I miss something :confused:

Well, that discussion was from February, so I doubt partickly is still interested, but I mentioned AnyDVD HD because he was making ISO’s with tools that don’t decrypt blu ray to my knowledge. Possibly he was obtaining blu ray video from sources other than commercial disks.

For playback, mounting the ISO in VirtualClone Drive works where other virtual drives do not. We’ve had discussions on this before, where people tried to play the ISO’s mounted in Daemon Tools and they simply wouldn’t work in several media players that have blu ray capability.

I probably should have mentioned the few media players with blu ray support, like PowerDVD, WinDVD and Arcsoft Totalmedia, but he never continued the discussion. Media Player Classic Home Cinema is another option, though problematic, and doesn’t support menus in commercially made blu ray movies to my knowledge.

Ok thanks just wasn’t clear to me what the discussion really was about, thanks again :smiley: