RipItForMe_DVDShrink-disk plays just 5 or 6 tracks then freezes

When I copy a movie usinf RipItForMe - DVD Decryptor - FixVTS and DVD Shrink in either Wizard or 1 click mode, the resulting disc plays only the first 5 or 6 chapters then freezes. I have updated ti the latest versions of each software component. Any ideas what I might try? Thanks much!

Every program you are using is either outdated or totally unsupported. Try using a program that still has support. :iagree:

Yeah,try with DVDFab HD Decrypter,as the others are no longer updated,for newer stuff…then use, shrink for compression,if needed…
BTW,WC…:slight_smile:

What version of RipIt4Me are you using. The latest version was 1.7.1.0, the reason why I ask is you mention using FixVts, which was no longer necessary with the final version. Does the final result prior to burning play okay on your PC?

Does this happen only on burned discs or also when playing ripped files directly from hard disc?

If the issue is only on burned media, then most probably it’s a bad burned disc. Very often this is due to a low quality media.

[quote=geno888;1918085]Does this happen only on burned discs or also when playing ripped files directly from hard disc?

If the issue is only on burned media, then most probably it’s a bad burned disc. Very often this is due to a low quality media.[/quote]

I’d have to agree on this one. If playback from a disc is the issue, then it’s likely a media issue. You’ll need to give us more information. DVD type, brand, MID code if possible. This is assuming that playback from the hard drive is fine, of course.

Thankyou all. You have given me some helpful tips. I’m having a little trouble with my PC DVD player. I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Dave

I still use Ripit4me, but if you are new to this, you might want to try DVD Fab HD Decrypter (its free), gotten here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm