Ripit4me

vbimport

GET "COULDN’T LOAD VTS

Well, RipIt4Me has not been in development for years and years. Might i suggest using DVDFabHDDecrypter or AnyDVD HD for your ripping needs?

RipIt4Me uses DVDDecrypter to decrypt.
As Mr. Belvedere posted it is not updated for current copy protection.
This basically renders it useless for current movies.
The only free decrypter I know of is DVDFabHDDecrypter after the trial period is over.
It’s 2 drawbacks are the updates are slower by about 60 days & it doesn’t compress to single layer size.
DVDShrink will compress the DVDFabHDDecrypter ripped movie.This combination works well for many people.

FWIW, one step they used to stop RipIt4Me was to add an illegal character to the Volume Label of the DVDs. Try renaming the output file something legal and it might just work.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2499231]FWIW, one step they used to stop RipIt4Me was to add an illegal character to the Volume Label of the DVDs. Try renaming the output file something legal and it might just work.[/QUOTE]

That shouldn’t cause the ‘Couldn’t load VTS’ error though.

It’s either structural protection that RipIt4Me can’t cope with or a bad disc.

Trying DVDFabHDDecrypter on the disc is the best option IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2499472]That shouldn’t cause the ‘Couldn’t load VTS’ error though.

It’s either structural protection that RipIt4Me can’t cope with or a bad disc.

Trying DVDFabHDDecrypter on the disc is the best option IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Plus it’s Free and and gets itself updated as well.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2499231]FWIW, one step they used to stop RipIt4Me was to add an illegal character to the Volume Label of the DVDs. Try renaming the output file something legal and it might just work.[/QUOTE]
@ olyteddy ,Just for my information could you explain this process further.
What would be an example of an illegal character in the Volume Label & then the correction to a legal one ?
Would this be done in the ISO mode of DVDDecrypter ?
Under the "Change Volume Label " ?
Also would the change be in read or write mode ?

Trying DVDFabHDDecrypter on the disc is the best option IMO

Couldn’t agree more!:iagree:

Just for my information could you explain this process further.
What would be an example of an illegal character in the Volume Label & then the correction to a legal one ?

DVD players don’t read the volume label, so if they name a disc something like ‘MY/DISK’ it will still play, however the ‘/’ character is not allowed in file names and Windows would choke on it when you tried to create a folder or ISO with that name. The work around is to specify a legal filename.

THANKS