RipIt4me for Windows 8?

vbimport

has anyone recently downloaded this program onto Windows 8 ?

I looked at the OS that would work but did not see Win8 capable .
I don’t want to run a program that I’ll have to uninstall later.

Thanks in advance.

Development of RipIt4me was abandoned as a result of the threat of legal action a few years ago which is why there is no chance that Windows 8 is a supported operating system. That isn’t to say necessarily that it won’t work. You can try it but there is no guarantee that it will work.

For a free solution for ripping modern commercial dvds, you would be better off using DVDFabHDDecrypter or DVDSmith.

Phil Thanks for the info update.
regarding DVDSMITH free version, does the program also compress the file to fit the standard blank DVD format ? As I have been using DVDFAB up to the trial version in no longer compresses the file to fit onto a standard disc.

DVDSHRINK is not for Win8 or you just find a company that wants to charge you for it and I know it’s a scam.

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=pacaguy;2716883]Phil Thanks for the info update.
regarding DVDSMITH free version, does the program also compress the file to fit the standard blank DVD format ? As I have been using DVDFAB up to the trial version in no longer compresses the file to fit onto a standard disc.

DVDSHRINK is not for Win8 or you just find a company that wants to charge you for it and I know it’s a scam.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

DVDShrink works on Windows 8 not sure if RIpIt4Me works as I have not used it since they stopped updating but it probably does

DVD Shrink does work for Windows 8/8.1. If you need a good download site for it, look at Videohelp: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Shrink

For compression of dvds to fit onto single layer dvds, you’ll get better quality using DVD Rebuilder, and there is a free version available for it. DVD Rebuilder works in Win 8 as well. http://www.jdobbs.com/Pages/Downloads.htm

I don’t have Windows 8 .
I have RipIt4me on Vista but I only installed it to play with it.
I haven’t used it in so long I don’t remember how it did.
I guess it may have other programs but as far as I can tell it is a GUI for DVDShrink & DVDDecrypter. So any movie those will work on I think RipIt4me would. That being said I’m sure there are new movies with encryption it will not work on. That doesn’t mean all new movies have this type encryption so it should work with some.
I have paid software that I usually use for ripping & compressing if I want too.

I however usually use DVDRebuilder (Free) for compressing to a SL DVD.
I have made some modifications so it works better than just what you download.
It still doesn’t have all the features the Pro version has but I think I get an equal result.

If you want to do this with all “free” software .
Do this rip with DVDFab (free after trial) AKA DVDFabHDDecrypter. To your harddrive.
Then if all you need is light compression use DVDShrink to compress.
If the rip needs a lot of compression use DVDRebuilder.
Burn with ImgBurn.

I think DVDFab still has PassKey lite & it could also be used to decrypt. Possibly with other software but I don’t have a list. I only installed PassKey Lite for a short time just to play with it. It doesn’t get along with AnyDVDHD which I already have.

[QUOTE=pacaguy;2716883]regarding DVDSMITH free version, does the program also compress the file to fit the standard blank DVD format ?

DVDSHRINK is not for Win8 or you just find a company that wants to charge you for it and I know it’s a scam.[/QUOTE]
DVDSmith is a ripper only and does not compress.

However, its output almost invariably can be compressed with DvdShrink. If you’re having problems getting DvdShrink to run under windows 8 then try running it in Windows XP compatibility mode. That should fix any problems that you may have in getting the program to work.

Shrink works just fine under 8.1 , no problems or compatibility issues.