Ripit4me and LH-20A1P

Is anyone successfully using R4ME with this drive? I can’t get past the “accessing drive” stage in R4ME.

I have an LH-20A1H that has been performing perfectly with RipIt4Me.

Has it ever worked 4 u?
Make sure u are using lastest v (1.7.1.0 o believe) I think there were issues many version ago accessing drives properly perculiar to individual systems.

In the .ini file, make sure the drive letter is for ur drive:

DefDrive=E: (or what ever it is for u).

Try putting the DVD in the drive and let it settle down, then launch RI4M and see what happens.

Best Regards

What I found was that I could not get my Liteon LH-20A1P to work with Ripit4Me (latest and last version) on my KM133 based board and Windows XP. Apparently, these chipsets are dogs and problematic with some devices. I was able to get my BenQ DW-1650 to work on that computer, but it is running at UDMA Mode 2.

Primaries (like HD) go to DMA 5.
Secondaries, like burners only got to DMA 2.
See here:
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=61905

Sorry that is incorrect. Both Primary and Secondary IDE Channel (and its Device 0/1) can be UDMA 5 if they are connected to devices that support UDMA5. Similarly, both Primary and Secondary (and its Device 0/1) can also be UDMA4 if they are connected to optical drives (DVD writers) that support UDMA4.

It is normal that BenQ DW1650/55 uses UDMA2 and make sure your Lite-On 20A1P runs UDMA4.

AFAIK, why bother with R4Me, it’s no longer updated and you’ll encounter more and more backup failures for new flicks…JMO folks!.. :wink:

"AFAIK, why bother with R4Me, it’s no longer updated and you’ll encounter more and more backup failures for new flicks…JMO folks!.. "

His issue is with the drive on his mobo’s chipset, not the software and not “backup failures”. Except for German releases, etc., RI4M works fine.