Ripguarded Dvd's

Does anybody have found any dvd’s that REALLY have that kind of protection?

See some related links about the subject:

—> http://www.macrovision.com/products/comple...rotection.shtml

—> http://www.technewsworld.com/story/40617.html

—> http://www.macrovision.com/products/active...ard/index.shtml

I don’t know if there are any kind of DVD’s using these kind of protections nowadays. But, in a upcoming futures, DVD Region+CSS Free, ANYDVD or similar ones will be able to handle with that kind of protections? Or the ripping process will be almost “impossible”, according to Macrovision and other companies?

It will be harder to break that DRM limitations or, technically, it will be the same as regular protections found nowadays?

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

devil (johner)

I have read the same information as you have, but have not heard of any DVD’s actually using this protection yet. I make quite a few backups for myself and have not ran into any problems.

I did find the articals interesting. As Macrovision stated:

“We’ve done a lot of research on the market share of rippers,” he continued. “We think we’ve got more data than anyone else in the world on this. And we know that RipGuard DVD is effective today against 97 percent of the rippers in use in the market.”

This new copy protection is 97% effective! I don’t know about you guys but I am interested in the rippers that are in the 3% area. :clap:

While Sony is continually refining their Arccos protection (and AnyDVD, DVDFab Decrypter, etc. are continually breaking it hours later) we have not seen, to date, even ONE actual Ripguarded DVD.

I wouldn’t sweat it.

Yea it will be 97% effective for about one day, then the other 3% will distribute the method to bypass it and it will be 3% effective if even that. They are kind of crippled by the fact that they have to be able to play on older players. They could include some ugly copy protection with the up and coming blue laser formats (whichever one wins or maybe both), as it could be written into the standard, but the standard for dvd is already writen. There’s not much that they can do about it now.