RipGuard

vbimport

I hate to be Mr. negativity but Iv been doing some reading on RipGuard and it sounds like it may be the downfall of AnyDVD. :frowning:

RipGuard DVD applies an innovative, format-based Unique Digital Framework to each protected DVD5 or DVD9 title. This technology blocks ripping by the most commonly used rippers. In fact, by ripper market share, RipGuard DVD blocks 97% of rippers used in the wild. With nearly a billion dollars in cannibalized DVD retail revenue at stake, RipGuard DVD can produce some amazing financial windfalls for your DVD business. The non-repeating nature of the Unique Digital Framework enables RipGuard DVD to sustain its remarkable effectiveness over time, title after title, year after year.

You havn’t heard? AnyDVD is actually that other 3% they are not talking about! ! !

So nothing to worry about, your all good with AnyDVD :wink: :wink:

I hope your right. Its the part that said The non-repeating nature of the Unique Digital Framework enables RipGuard DVD to sustain its remarkable effectiveness over time is what scaries me.

Oh my…sweating over a marketing scam.

@BitchinGuy
Read about the Macrovision announcement of new system we were talking about couple of weeks ago.

AFAIK, no such DVD-Video have been released to distibution. So we wait and see …
My bet: it may be 97% effective against current rippers in the wild today. But within 1 day of the first spotted release this number will drop to 70%, and within 1 week therafter to 10%, even if that.
And BTW, all we need is one ripper …

For a product that hasn’t seen the light of day - somebody give me a break!

I doubt, that RipGuard is more effective than Sony Arccos http://www.sonydadc.com/products.copy.arccos.go or Settec Alpha DVD http://www.settec.co.kr/eng/pro_alphadvd.htm
Both protections claim, they will prevent ripping of DVDs. Both protections have been rendered useless by AnyDVD.
Don’t believe marketing people. It is their job to fool you.

Does anybody know when the first movies come out with this stupid protection?
Slysoft one question: How long does it take to break this new protection?
What do you guess? one or two months? :eek: :iagree: :bigsmile: :frowning: :bow:

I have the feeling Slysoft may have already done it, ARccOS took around ten minutes, so stop worrying, Olli will fix it! :slight_smile: