Rip won't play

vbimport

I’ve got a couple of BR rips on my HDD that won’t play in PowerDVD 8 - one appears to load using open media file on HD - I just point it to the folder and it loads but just displays black. The other won’t even load - when I point it to the rip folder the OK button doesn’t light. Could they be bad rips? Could there be some essential files missing from the rip?

You need to use an older version of PowerDVD (7.3 I think) to be able to play
BD content from your hard drive.

The good news though is that you can have versions 7 and 8 on your system at the same time.

[QUOTE=rendez2k;2182901]I’ve got a couple of BR rips on my HDD that won’t play in PowerDVD 8 - one appears to load using open media file on HD - I just point it to the folder and it loads but just displays black. The other won’t even load - when I point it to the rip folder the OK button doesn’t light. Could they be bad rips? Could there be some essential files missing from the rip?[/QUOTE]

Yes, only older version of PowerDVD will play entire BD disc (menus etc…) from the HDD.

You can still play the M2TS file(Movie only) straight from the HDD in new PowerDVD version.