I am having rip speed problems on my 3540. I have flashed to 1W8, 1W9 and now 1WB, however, the max rip speed that the burner would acheive is 1.3X. Currently I am using Dee’s modified 1WB RPC1 which is rip lock free. A 4.38GB DVD is taking 40 minutes to rip off a SL media. These are copied DVDs and are burned on the same burner on variuos media including 16X Verbatims, TDK and RITEK. However, the max rip speed is 1.3X regardless of media or the firmware. Does anyone else has experienced this problem? I am using windows XP home edition on a Dell 5150 with P4 3.0 GHz processor with 1GB DDR2 ram.
First make sure the drive runs in UDMA 2 mode.
How do I chaeck the UDMA mode of the drive (or how do I make sure that it is UDMA 2). I have a BenQ 1655 on the same machine. It rips at 16X with no issues.
How do I check the UDMA mode of the drive (or how do I make sure that it is UDMA 2). I have a BenQ 1655 on the same machine. It rips at 16X with no issues.
Check the result of the Nero CD-DVD Speed burst transfer test, you need a disk with some data in the drive to run the test. It should display about 23 MB/sec.
Check the DMA settings of your source and target drive.
I checked the DMA setting for the drive. It said
Transfer Mode : DMA if available
Current Transfer Mode: PIO Mode
Can someone please advise how to change the tranfer mode from PIO to UDMA 2. I have tried changing it without any success. My other drive shows the Current tranfer mode as UDMA 2. Thanks for your help.
In the windows device manager, remove the ide channel having the problem and reboot. Windows will redetect the connected devices during the reboot. Check the DMA level again.
Thanks for all your help. I figured it out. Device was actually off in the system’s BIOS setting. Once I turned it on everything is working as it should be. Atleast for now everything is normal till I try to rip a DVD.
Update: Was able to acheive 16X rip speed on burnt SL media.