RIP Leonard Cohen

vbimport

//youtu.be/YrLk4vdY28Q

You did good, R.I.P.

Yep, a gospel singer and a good one - I liked him!

Yep, a true poet working with verse and chorus and while the music may not have been the most advanced, his lyrics were always up there among the best.
While the man is gone, his legacy will be with us, he left a solid footprint even for future generations of music lovers.

If it be your will
That I speak no more
And my voice be still
As it was before
I will speak no more
I shall abide until
I am spoken for
If it be your will

If it be your will
That a voice be true
From this broken hill
I will sing to you
From this broken hill
All your praises they shall ring
If it be your will
To let me sing
From this broken hill
All your praises they shall ring
If it be your will
To let me sing

I really love that song, ‘If it be your will’, and what a perfect melody to go with the lyrics.
When it comes to lyrics, there simply are way to many to be listed, but among way to many ‘Bird on a wire’, ‘Suzanne’ and ‘Joan of Arc’ maybe :flower:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2784032]I really love that song, ‘If it be your will’, and what a perfect melody to go with the lyrics.
When it comes to lyrics, there simply are way to many to be listed, but among way to many ‘Bird on a wire’, ‘Suzanne’ and ‘Joan of Arc’ maybe :flower:[/QUOTE]
Suzanne was an awesome song

[QUOTE=Xercus;2784032]I really love that song, ‘If it be your will’, and what a perfect melody to go with the lyrics.[/QUOTE]

I came in touch with the music of Leonard Cohen when i watched Pump Up The Volume many many moons ago. I still love the movie.

The movie features two of his songs: Everybody Knows and If It Be Your Will.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2784038]I came in touch with the music of Leonard Cohen when i watched Pump Up The Volume many many moons ago. I still love the movie.

The movie features two of his songs: Everybody Knows and If It Be Your Will.[/QUOTE]

You have excellent taste in music

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=alan1476;2784057]You have excellent taste in music[/QUOTE]
Really? Because i have been listening to this the last few hours :slight_smile: (Yeah i do know the original as well)

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2784058]Really? Because i have been listening to this the last few hours :slight_smile: (Yeah i do know the original as well)[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with a bit of violence in the movie as Long as it’s not in your house LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Anthem” taken from the “Future” album, :bow: Simply breathtaking and a song of hope in dangerous times like these.

https://youtu.be/9vTSU1lIeJU?list=PLC3A78856D891986E

[QUOTE=mosis14;2784077]“Anthem” taken from the “Future” album, :bow: Simply breathtaking and a song of hope in dangerous times like these.

https://youtu.be/9vTSU1lIeJU?list=PLC3A78856D891986E[/QUOTE]

Hmmm considering the recent events, maybe what seem like a protest song currently, the song that follows it may be worth emphasizing… ‘Democracy’ :stuck_out_tongue: